MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Copyright Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi.
As members finding less features in mybb, so i added various plugins and mods to mybb and also modified many.
however The copyright notice is still intact.... Can i re launch it on my website also submit on Mybb.com ..........
I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Can you elaborate?
Are you saying, you want to change the copyright at the bottom of the page to say that it belongs to you or you made it just wondering, it sounds like you wanna give yourself some kind of credit in the copyright ?

What it sounds like hes saying:

He wants to re-launch a modded version of MyBB and put his name in the credits.
(2012-03-18, 04:56 AM)JoshJat Wrote: [ -> ]however The copyright notice is still intact....

(2012-03-18, 02:08 PM)Projec13 Wrote: [ -> ]What it sounds like hes saying:

He wants to re-launch a modded version of MyBB and put his name in the credits.

are u having any mental syndrome... i already told "however The copyright notice is still intact"
(2012-03-18, 05:08 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Can you elaborate?

I mean.
I modded mybb and repacked it with some usefull plugins, mods and themes.
The copyright of the mybb copy is intact. so now can i re-distribute it?
(2012-03-19, 11:11 AM)JoshJat Wrote: [ -> ]I mean.
I modded mybb and repacked it with some usefull plugins, mods and themes.
The copyright of the mybb copy is intact. so now can i re-distribute it?

You can redistribute it, but we ask you don't advertise it here. As it's not officially MyBB we'd be getting support requests for your version and we have no way of knowing if it's a bug within MyBB or a bug you made yourself. Adding on to that, the same applies for the plugins. We only redistribute plugins we develop with MyBB because we're the ones responsible so if (For example) there's a security vulnerability within one of them then it can be patched much quicker and deployed much quicker.

Supporting third party forks is tedious and time consuming for both us and the user.
(2012-03-19, 03:29 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]You can redistribute it.....
I see...thanks...so i launch it...thx vmuch...