MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Links for new thread and other have problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using version mybb_1606 with Realize163a theme

I just started a new MyBB Forum under http://www.helcan.com/mybb/ and I am facing some problems with:
1. The links for starting a new thread, they are too small and can easily be missed from a new user.
2. The same applies to all other tiny links, such as edit, New Reply, email user etc
3. There is also one serious error, in the right hand lower corner there are two editpost links, the second one (the one to the right) opens the delete post link. This is critical.
4. Also the one that has a Q+ and is larger in size, does not do anything when you click upon it.

I think it will be much easier for all users if these links are more visible and easy to understand links, as it is in this Forum or older versions of MyBB. I can live this problem, but I am sure that many users will have serious problems, despite any explanation provided.

All in all MyBB is still the best Forum Open Source software, thank you all.

Costas
I cannot even connect to your site. Domain is resolving because Safari didn't bug me about it, but I waited like 45 seconds, and it did not load.

What style are you using?
(2012-03-18, 07:06 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I cannot even connect to your site. Domain is resolving because Safari didn't bug me about it, but I waited like 45 seconds, and it did not load.

What style are you using?

Hello GamerVoid, I am using Realize 163a and MyBB 1606. Yesterday I had 1/2 thread, today there are four and I tried them in: Firefox, Google Chrome, Seamonkey (derivative of Firefox), Opera and Epiphany a linux browser and they all show fine except a very peculiar problem in Firefox (read about it in http://www.helcan.com/mybb/showthread.php?tid=4 at the very end of the article)
I personally don't have a problem, opening or editing threads and the above article explains how to potential new users. But I think the second edit link (the one that triggers delete) must be removed by the designers, because it will cause problems with new users.

Take care

Costas
PS: it takes just 5 secs or less to open in opera