MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Get a poll on the portal page (not at the announcement bock)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,

I have a question, I want to have the option to set a poll on the portal page. I know and found a plugin that can do this but this plugin set the poll above the announcements and thats what I don't want.

I want to set the polls in one of the blocks on the left side (where you can see the blocks like Welcome block, PM block, Last threads block etx etc)

So is this possible to get the poll on the left blocks??

Thanks!!!!
Are you using portal or proportal?
(2012-03-19, 09:36 PM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Are you using portal or proportal?

I don't know wat proportal is but i'm use portal the original from mybb.
In that case you should be able to open the templates - Portal template, find the {$pollbox} variable and move it to where you want it.
(2012-03-20, 02:26 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]In that case you should be able to open the templates - Portal template, find the {$pollbox} variable and move it to where you want it.

Thanks, only little but off in-complete info!!
If you want this you need first to install the plugin "poll on index and portal" then you can try to move arround the {$pollbox} code!!!!

GalaxyFreak
(2012-03-20, 12:59 PM)GalaxyFreak Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks, only little but off in-complete info!!
If you want this you need first to install the plugin "poll on index and portal" then you can try to move arround the {$pollbox} code!!!!

GalaxyFreak

Confused Um yea, I did you the courtesy of thinking you would know to have to install and activate it first. Obviously I was in error.

I had no plugin installed, the plugin I called on the first post that was wat I found but was not wat i'm looking for so I had not installed the plugin.

Now I had tryed the plugin and its works if you move the code but the text from the poll is out of the box so its not working on a diffrent place then above the messages. So I have deleted the plugin again and have made a custom box with links to the polls...

Well, I used the poll on index and portal plugin on the mod site. It is not good for a sidebar as it is using the standard poll templates, but other than that, yes, I could move it about no problems at all.

http://mods.mybb.com/view/poll-on-index

It of course assumes that the poll exists somewhere on your board. And that you have installed and activated it.
I'm actually looking to get this working on proportal. I've followed the above steps just to see if it would work for me that way and it didn't.

I am using the poll-on-index plug in.
Jason - did you try adding the variable from the plugin direct to the pro_portal template (in global templates?) I am not sure - but you might also have to edit the plugin file to run on portal_start (or pro_portal start) instead of index start.
Pages: 1 2