MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 500 error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Randomly started working

when I go to www.mysite.com/merge (forum is in root)
I have followed the "Running the Merge System" part of the wiki but I get stuck here do I need to edit any files first?
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

That shouldn't be a MyBB issue.

There was a server-level error, and the server searched for the right error document, but that was not found either.
(2012-03-20, 11:52 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]That shouldn't be a MyBB issue.

There was a server-level error, and the server searched for the right error document, but that was not found either.

I just find it odd that it is only the merge system
"More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Check your server error log and see if there is any relevant information there.
(2012-03-21, 01:01 AM)colour Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-20, 11:52 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]That shouldn't be a MyBB issue.

I just find it odd that it is only the merge system

I don't disagree at all that it is odd. But if it was solely the merge system's fault, then many, many more people would report the issue. However, everything is just fine, 500 wise, for most people
Smile
(2012-03-21, 02:12 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]"More information about this error may be available in the server error log."

Check your server error log and see if there is any relevant information there.

[Wed Mar 21 07:15:31 2012] [error] [client 24.204.197.152] SoftException in Application.cpp:256: File "/home/faffy/public_html/merge/index.php" is writeable by group

This is all I had in it related to the merge
I receive the same error in my logs colour...your not alone Smile