MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb Forum Design [paid]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'm looking to get quotes for redesigning our forum. Tortoiseinfo.org

Please email me so I can give you details. Thank you

[email protected]
I've mailed you my questions and would be nice if you'd answer them on this thread as well, since your answers will contain the most basic information a designer needs before accepting the job Wink
(2012-03-20, 10:25 PM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]I've mailed you my questions and would be nice if you'd answer them on this thread as well, since your answers will contain the most basic information a designer needs before accepting the job Wink

1. My budget preferably would be under $50, as we are fairly new and don't have any income coming in, including ads. We are becoming a not-for-profit Tortoise informational website/forum. But this is just a guess I'm not familiar with hiring web design work so I dont know what the average rate is for what I'm asking. I need an idea.

2. What I am looking for is a theme using the same/similar colors as we have now (minus the black background at the top of the site). Making the social icons look better or at least be placed in a better position. (I like the way petexpooc.com place theirs.

As far as my request, what I'm REALLY looking for along with theme, is for the site to act similar to chameleonforums.com. If you click on their "Species" Tab it will take you into sub categories and once you are there, it will take you further into sub species where we can place details and photos of that species. I know its Vbulletin software but I was hoping to stay with mybb and accomplish the same thing.

3. The deadline would be hopefully by the end of May. But I'm flexible depending on cost.

Thank you
1. My services start at ~$35 for a basic theme therefore your budget is enough to hire me if you wish.

2. The feature you're looking for is most likely a plugin and I personally can't make it since I've got no knowledge in that department. From experience I doubt that plugin you're looking for would be cheap, since from what I see it seems it would require some extensive features. Bottom line, that's not part of the theme design unless you don't wish to have a forum at all.

3. I can meet that deadline without problems. If you wish to hire me as your designer then please contact me for how we can proceed with the deal.
(2012-03-21, 02:02 PM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]1. My services start at ~$35 for a basic theme therefore your budget is enough to hire me if you wish.

2. The feature you're looking for is most likely a plugin and I personally can't make it since I've got no knowledge in that department. From experience I doubt that plugin you're looking for would be cheap, since from what I see it seems it would require some extensive features. Bottom line, that's not part of the theme design unless you don't wish to have a forum at all.

3. I can meet that deadline without problems. If you wish to hire me as your designer then please contact me for how we can proceed with the deal.

Would "Myshowcase" plugin be somewhat similar to what I'm looking for?

How would you work on the theme? Do you start from scratch and give me ideas? The social network stuff is do-able?
(2012-03-21, 04:27 PM)soyusae Wrote: [ -> ]Would "Myshowcase" plugin be somewhat similar to what I'm looking for?

How would you work on the theme? Do you start from scratch and give me ideas? The social network stuff is do-able?
I wouldn't know if Myshowcase plugin would be right for you, since I've never used it myself. I suggest you to check it out and figure it out for yourself, sorry for not being of any help.

I design the theme in Photoshop so that you can see it before it's even coded, that way I can change every single aspect of the theme without a problem. If by "social network stuff" you mean that I'd include icons with links to your social network profiles, then yes that's what I can do if you want it included.
(2012-03-21, 06:30 PM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-21, 04:27 PM)soyusae Wrote: [ -> ]Would "Myshowcase" plugin be somewhat similar to what I'm looking for?

I wouldn't know if Myshowcase plugin would be right for you, since I've never used it myself. I suggest you to check it out and figure it out for yourself, sorry for not being of any help.

I design the theme in Photoshop so that you can see it before it's even coded, that way I can change every single aspect of the theme without a problem. If by "social network stuff" you mean that I'd include icons with links to your social network profiles, then yes that's what I can do if you want it included.

Okay let me consider this information and see what we can do.

Also, would you know how to update the mybb software? We're still on 1.6.4 and the computer I normally use, is out. How much extra would you charge if you are able to do this?
(2012-03-21, 07:10 PM)soyusae Wrote: [ -> ]Okay let me consider this information and see what we can do.

Also, would you know how to update the mybb software? We're still on 1.6.4 and the computer I normally use, is out. How much extra would you charge if you are able to do this?
Sure thing, take as long as you wish. You know where you can reach me Wink

Yes, I've got few years of experience with MyBB and upgrading he software wouldn't be a problem. I don't charge for something like that, since it would be a crime, I can do it free of charge Wink
(2012-03-21, 07:18 PM)Andraž Rihtar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-21, 07:10 PM)soyusae Wrote: [ -> ]Okay let me consider this information and see what we can do.

Sure thing, take as long as you wish. You know where you can reach me Wink

Yes, I've got few years of experience with MyBB and upgrading he software wouldn't be a problem. I don't charge for something like that, since it would be a crime, I can do it free of charge Wink

Awesome.Thanks. Do you have any examples of your work?
I Vouch for Andraz had work done by him before he doesn't disappoint, just thought I would say Smile
Pages: 1 2