MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: user and login APi and prepend functions and classes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
One thing that would make integration far simpler for everyone would be to adopt prepending of classes and functions. Something as simple as making them all

class mybb_user

and so on, this just means you wont get redeclaration errors when you include global.php

Far better would be to provide an integration point or api that allows people to easily use the code in other scripts to do simple functions like login.

For me this is a massive step in taking myBB to the next level. If people can easily integrate the login with their own, through pass along methods or calling a simple API, it will mean that the spawning of bridges with other software will take off and be second to none
MyBB 2.0 will include an API.

I'm not so sure about the classes. We'll probably be using an MVC structure such as class MyBB_Model_User, class MyBB_Controller_Index.

I haven't looked too much into Yii, but that's the same concept I use with Zend.
(2012-03-21, 01:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 2.0 will include an API.

I'm not so sure about the classes. We'll probably be using an MVC structure such as class MyBB_Model_User, class MyBB_Controller_Index.

I haven't looked too much into Yii, but that's the same concept I use with Zend.

Isn't MyBB_User_Model and MyBB_user_Controller more user friendly? Toungue
(2012-03-21, 04:30 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-21, 01:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 2.0 will include an API.

Isn't MyBB_User_Model and MyBB_user_Controller more user friendly? Toungue

I agree with that naming system (MyBB_What_Model/View/Controller)
it also allows an excellent integration. Right now including mybb global into products like wordpress are going to fail because they use the same class name for the VTBE classes.
Wrapping all of these with myBB makes like a lot easier as it avoids any possible conflicts.

I have moved away from MVC programming, I find it bloated and overly complex. I have yet to find an implementation that actually makes sense, rather than having it implemented for the sake of it.

Joomla is a prime example, coding in Joomla can be simple but once you start throwing MVC into the mix, all tasks end up taking you hours extra.

Wordpress may not be the idea way to program things but jeez it makes quickly writing a plugin far easier.

I'll have to asses mybb 2.0 on it's merits when it comes out, particularly where MVC is concerned. I am somewhat of the opinion that you guys have already done a great job, and improvement for the sake of it may not be the best idea.
(2012-03-21, 04:58 AM)Dannymh Wrote: [ -> ]it also allows an excellent integration. Right now including mybb global into products like wordpress are going to fail because they use the same class name for the VTBE classes.
Wrapping all of these with myBB makes like a lot easier as it avoids any possible conflicts.

I have moved away from MVC programming, I find it bloated and overly complex. I have yet to find an implementation that actually makes sense, rather than having it implemented for the sake of it.

Joomla is a prime example, coding in Joomla can be simple but once you start throwing MVC into the mix, all tasks end up taking you hours extra.

Wordpress may not be the idea way to program things but jeez it makes quickly writing a plugin far easier.

I'll have to asses mybb 2.0 on it's merits when it comes out, particularly where MVC is concerned. I am somewhat of the opinion that you guys have already done a great job, and improvement for the sake of it may not be the best idea.

Personally i find MVC more user friendly.
We can easily figure out where we should look for a particular thing.