MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Feedback| about your system
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
up until today i used 6 forum systems
phpBB
VBulletin
IPB
Xenforo
SMF
myBB

phpBB- one of the first systems that was ever created, was very famous in the past, has a lot of mods and styles, a great system.

VBulletin- the mosr pro forum board for the used, it has so many features that on other systems you need mods for it, have nice designes, but not my favorite.

IPB- the one i hate the most, they dont worth the monet that they want as to pay

Xenforo- my fav system, great design, great interface, on of the most powerfull systems ever!

SMF- nice board, not many features yet nice designs. didnt liked it so much

myBB- even though i hate ipb, it still have great designs, your system could count as the worse one i know. the programming is very nice, but the styles are like 2000 look, no JS, no JQ, they are really old looking, wich makes me one to puke. the mods are not usful, and you can start a real pro community with this systems, unlees you will work your but of the improce it.

i am very sorry but this is my real feadback, your system needs a lor of improvmens, dont say its very good for a free system, beacause phpBB is free to, and it is much better then this, style eise, and other stuff to

good luck
you Wrote:myBB- even though i hate ipb

lol.

you Wrote:but the styles are like 2000 look, no JS, no JQ

So for a style to be "2012 look" they must include jQuery? Why? There are plenty of great themes out there for MyBB if you're willing to look IMO.

you Wrote:the mods are not usful

True, there are some useless mods. But every system has a few of them at least. At least MyBB has a working mods system unlike phpBB's frankly laughable attempt.

you Wrote:and you can start a real pro community with this systems, unlees you will work your but of the improce it.

Yes, I agree you can start a "real pro community with this systems". I don't understand what you could do to "improce" it though...

Don't get me wrong, everybody's entitled to an opinion but you could at least have provided some real feedback with examples of what you'd like to see in the future...
Quote:phpBB- one of the first systems that was ever created, was very famous in the past, has a lot of mods and styles, a great system.
Ok, no that's not true. PHPBB was made in 2000, 6 years after the first true forum software. Vbulletin is older than that. And mybb was made in 2002. PHPBB's mod system was non existent until recently. Manual code changes!

Quote:VBulletin- the mosr pro forum board for the used, it has so many features that on other systems you need mods for it, have nice designes, but not my favorite.
it's ACP is hard to navigate, having loads of core features is pointless of you dont use them. Wasted resources. That's the point of plugins.

Quote:IPB- the one i hate the most, they dont worth the monet that they want as to pay
so your willin to pay for vb but not IPB? Your argument is invalid.

Quote:Xenforo- my fav system, great design, great interface, on of the most powerfull systems ever!
I'll be honest, I really like where Xen is going, but any forum system can be greate with plugins Wink

Quote:SMF- nice board, not many features yet nice designs. didnt liked it so much
agreed.

Quote:myBB- even though i hate ipb, it still have great designs, your system could count as the worse one i know. the programming is very nice, but the styles are like 2000 look, no JS, no JQ, they are really old looking, wich makes me one to puke. the mods are not usful, and you can start a real pro community with this systems, unlees you will work your but of the improce it.
1. Mybb does have JS
2. jQuery can be implemented by theme makers
3. Themes are old looking? Have you seen some of audentio's designs? Are you basing your entire opinion on the default theme?
4. If there's a mod you want, ask for it! Wink
5. Hackforums is pretty popular. And you need to work our but of with any forum. Period.

Thanks
Tom

@OP - If you think installing a new style is working your butt off, then there are much more difficult things ahead for you...

I agree that the default theme is old, and that will change with MyBB 2.0. Everything will be different and more modern.
Just wondering how much time the OP spent using the MyBB software. Just from reading the first post, I get a feeling that it wasn't much.

Just my counter-opinion from using all of the softwares that you mentioned:
Quote:phpBB- one of the first systems that was ever created, was very famous in the past, has a lot of mods and styles, a great system.
If you think MyBB is hard to work with, then you surely haven't used phpBB for much time either

Quote:VBulletin- the mosr pro forum board for the used, it has so many features that on other systems you need mods for it, have nice designes, but not my favorite.
In my eyes, I don't even classify it as a forum software anymore (way too much bloat). And don't even get me started on the ACP!

Quote:IPB- the one i hate the most, they dont worth the monet that they want as to pay
Again...too many unneeded core features.

Quote:Xenforo- my fav system, great design, great interface, on of the most powerfull systems ever!
Still relatively new and I admit I haven't used it a whole lot. But I'm just afraid it will end up on the same road as vB.

Quote:SMF- nice board, not many features yet nice designs. didnt liked it so much
Not a fan of the template system at all!

Quote:myBB- even though i hate ipb, it still have great designs, your system could count as the worse one i know. the programming is very nice, but the styles are like 2000 look, no JS, no JQ, they are really old looking, wich makes me one to puke. the mods are not usful, and you can start a real pro community with this systems, unlees you will work your but of the improce it.
Have you even researched the different plugins and themes that can be added besides what's available here at mybb.com?
In my opinion, it is one of the few forum softwares that are remaining what it was meant to be...a FORUM software. All the bells and whistles can be easily added if you need them. But it is still a fantastic product straight out of the box.

As mentioned before, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and we thank you for your honest feedback. However, as an avid user, I just question (based on your post) how much time you actually spent using it.
I think he is right that the themes of MyBB are showing the software's age. But he's also overstating it. He should be willing to put some work into his own theme to make it feel more modern. Just check out resources.xekko.co.uk for example.
@Uncontrol, I do agree some themes are looking quite old. But when you look at some paid themes, like Jordan, Jason, Audentio and Jessie to name a few there are also some amazing themes out there.

Really, the looks of a system doesnt matter, because it can always be adapted and improved to look great. Anyone with intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS could make MyBB look just like IPB, vb, SMF, PHPBB or any other BB. Its the core features behind that set forum softwares apart.
I stopped reading after phpbb was a "good system". Roflmao.
I want to say one thing for MYBB.......

.................MYBB IS THE BEST.........................

(2012-03-23, 05:21 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]I stopped reading after phpbb was a "good system". Roflmao.

You mean "great", right... Smile
Pages: 1 2