MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Logo Critique
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need your guy's help again, obviously. Wink

I couldn't quiet find anyone to do this for me, so I took it into my own hands...

It's placed in a header image currently, so that's how I'll show it to you. I think it goes better than just giving you the PNG with a transparent background. Wink

It was a little big for the forums Wink so I'll take the image tags off of it, sorry for any inconvenience!
http://damncamper.com/images/alphagaming/mainpic.png

Tell me what I can do differently. I'm in no way, shape, or form a graphics designer. I just had to take the matter into my own hands. Please do not leave a comment without giving a suggestion on what to do differently. Also note the originality of the actual background picture shouldn't be taken into consideration, as it will change. This was just a temporary image to place it in. I expect soon to have multiple headers that change every page load.

Thanks,
-Mini
With the kind of theme you have I think it would look better against a dark gradient. Then make the text have a slight gradient as well (give it a little shine). Otherwise I think it look pretty good (maybe have them on a single line if you follow my other advice instead of having damn on top).
(2012-03-21, 08:30 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]With the kind of theme you have I think it would look better against a dark gradient. Then make the text have a slight gradient as well (give it a little shine). Otherwise I think it look pretty good (maybe have them on a single line if you follow my other advice instead of having damn on top).

So you suggest to first place the logo back on the top gradient where this theme originally had it's logo? Do you suggest sticking to the red and grey, with a gradient to make them shine...? I'll experiment with some stuff in a bit! Thanks for your response!
I'm assuming the theme originally had a gradient like what the thead has now and if so, yes.

I think the red and grey will work great.
The logo originally sat the top, where the "Welcome" is... In that transparent header. I could set that to the gradient thead has, and then place the logo back there.
Two things,
First, to answer your question, yes the logo looks good, but that's not the question you're supposed to be asking which brings me to the second
Two, does the logo fit my site ? simple answer, no, your logo is better for a darker theme like the Battlefield3 theme, Gamesmania or the MyBB Gamer ( Best one to use imho for you, neutral theme, fits your header and can be easily adjusted )

Hope this helps.
Very helpful, but I've always been a light theme kind of guy... I might play around with MyBB Gamer a tad and see what I can come up with. Maybe change the red in the logo to a blue? Or change the blue in the theme to a red... Any suggestions on changes are welcome.
Thanks!
-Mini

Edit: I'm really not a fan of dark themes. What adaptations would you suggest to make this logo better for a light theme?