MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Go to a different hosting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have a quick question, I have take a look at the wiki page but I don't get it.

My forum is going to move to a different hosting and I have not chosen to move the forum so I need to do it by myself.

Wat are the steps so that I have verything on the new servers.

1. Backup the forum
2. Backup (export) my edit template

Then go to the new hosting and upload all forum files and then use the backup from the forum and then set the backup of the templates, but how put I back the edited templates

Can Someone tell me the steps that I need to do so that I have everyting on the new server exact like now??

Thanks

Templates is easy, and I personally wouldn't worry about them until your actual data is back on. I don't have exact details, as someone will probably provide. But make sure you have all your MyBB files, export your DB, and that should be all you need. Export Theme is an option in your ACP, by the way?
Yes, Thats what I want, first backup the hole forum, then put the forum online
But I don't know whats the best, first to setup a hole new setup, and then use the backup or use the backup immediately...

I think to setup a hole new setup, and install mybb, then use the backup and use the template backup and then everything is fine.

I wait until this is confirm Big Grin
Just copy the files over, and place your backup into phpMyAdmin right away. The forum will auto load then without anything wrong etc.