MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users cannot login because the mysql select function is not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After trying and trying to track down the bug that was not letting my users (including me) to not be able to login anymore, I finally managed to track down the problem:

SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup FROM mybb_users WHERE LOWER(username)='flaw' LIMIT 1

This mysql statement it's not working anymore, for any of the old users, even if they still exist in the database.

This one however works just fine

SELECT uid,username,password,salt,loginkey,coppauser,usergroup FROM mybb_users WHERE username='Flaw' LIMIT 1

And the weird thing is that the sql statement also works for the new accounts, made after I restored my database backup.

While it is true that I did change my hosting account, I changed it with another made from WHM, from my VPS, so the hosting conditions are identical.

Did anyone else encounter this problem?

[edit]
To whom it my concern, it turns out my fields became varbinary instead of varchar
Would someone be able to tell me what file it is this code is located so I can make the change too, please. I am having the same issue and would like to fix it.

Thanks...
@ klozter, see this tutorial common SQL queries and how to run them
admin/index.php
admin/modules/forum/attachments.php
admin/modules/tools/maillogs.php
admin/modules/user/users.php
admin/modules/user/banning.php
admin/modules/user/groups.php
inc/functions_user.php
inc/datahandlers/user.php
inc/functions_search.php
member.php