MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb.com virustotal !
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can someone explain in detail what exactly this has to do with us? Because I cannot see how we're involved. We do not maintain or support third party packages.

If there's an issue with a download you have to contact the author of the download. We can't do anything about that.
(2012-03-23, 01:12 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone explain in detail what exactly this has to do with us? Because I cannot see how we're involved. We do not maintain or support third party packages.

If there's an issue with a download you have to contact the author of the download. We can't do anything about that.

Dear, Nathan Malcolm,
@Tickhi said that in his website's MyBB Full Turkish Pack (include install) not include any viruses and he also claim that in my MyBB Full Turkish Pack (include install) / (mybb.com.tr)'s pack has some viruses.
I opened that topic here just because of what Tickhi is claiming. I want to say all MyBB Turkish users I've checked our (mybb.com.tr) Pack and cannot see any viruses anymore.
For now, Turkish MyBB users are scared about Tickhi's contests. Not only here, but also in populer Turkish webmaster forums Tickhi trying to scare Turkish MyBB user and want them to use his MyBB Turkish Pack.

Regards,
--------------
xpserkan & MyBB.Com.TR
(2012-03-23, 01:12 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone explain in detail what exactly this has to do with us? Because I cannot see how we're involved. We do not maintain or support third party packages.

The download from mybb.com gets the same mark on virustotal.
(2012-03-23, 03:09 PM)xpserkan Wrote: [ -> ]Dear, Nathan Malcolm,
@Tickhi said that in his website's MyBB Full Turkish Pack (include install) not include any viruses and he also claim that in my MyBB Full Turkish Pack (include install) / (mybb.com.tr)'s pack has some viruses.
I opened that topic here just because of what Tickhi is claiming. I want to say all MyBB Turkish users I've checked our (mybb.com.tr) Pack and cannot see any viruses anymore.
For now, Turkish MyBB users are scared about Tickhi's contests. Not only here, but also in populer Turkish webmaster forums Tickhi trying to scare Turkish MyBB user and want them to use his MyBB Turkish Pack.

We can't do anything about what users say and do on their own communities. We have no control past our own website. It's a dispute you two will have to sort out yourselves.

(2012-03-23, 03:22 PM)Alex Smith Wrote: [ -> ]The download from mybb.com gets the same mark on virustotal.

Which is clearly a a false positive. If the author of said package has included MyBB with it, then it obviously would be flagged too.

I think that it's been made clear that there is no issue with our downloads. You should be stating there isn't an issue with your downloads on your website. Unless Tickhi can provide a proof of concept he's not going to look very smart anyway.

/thread
Pages: 1 2