MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good mobo for i5 2500k
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm in need of a reasonable mobo for a new 2500k, should I go p67 or z68?

About £130 budget Smile
If you want just performance, go P67. If you want some graphics help from the CPU's GPU, then Z68 would be a nice fit for you.

There should be a few Asus P67s and Z68s at your price point. I don't have a specific one though to recommend.
Whatever is cheaper. Asus p8p67 is a nice mobo.
The P8p67 pro is a good Asus board. What's your pricerange? There is one and only one Z68 board that I'd really consider over P8's.
Well, I'm trying to convert to intel. eBay if possible too :O cheap as possible. College and no money Big Grin
Z68 Launched 5 months after the P67 and H67 chipset the Z68 chipset combines the advantages of the H67 and P67 Chipset so that overclocking, dual dedicated graphics cards and use of the integrated CPU graphics is available. Whilst on the surface it would seem that this would be the chipset to go for, how many users that have 2 dedicated graphics cards will actually want to use the onboard graphics when they already have 2 more powerful graphics cards in their system anyway?

The only real advantage is for users that wish to access the HD graphics features such as quick sync, but considering it’s only supported by very few transcoding programs and there are not many people out there that need or will want to transcode, it makes it almost pointless to choose Z68 over a P67 chipset.
^^This dude knows what he's saying.

Tom, Peter could likely tell you the best for you bang with what you need if you gave him a ring.
I actually just bought a p8z68 Smile

Pretty cheap from eBay Smile not the best spec ever, but not really bothered Smile thanks for the help Smile
P8Z68 is decent. Glad you found what you needed though!