MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb_sessions crash
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Today, I have experienced a strange error!

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1114 - The table 'mybb_sessions' is full
Query:
REPLACE INTO mybb_sessions SET uid='1',sid='21d6811114ae607b12f64a4b2e82020d',time='1332588841',ip='1X6.2XX.X8.XX6',location='/forum/index.php?',useragent='Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/535.11 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/17.0.963.79 Safari/535.11',location1='0',location2='0',nopermission='0'

What the.. ? This is the first time happening to me. If the mybb_sessions is full, why does the mybb_posts is not then? It has more data in it.

This happened I think because two days ago I used this command:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_sessions` ENGINE = memory

This caused the crash I guess.. what could be wrong?

The strange problem is that the error only happens to me! (Administrator)

I have tried to open the site with my other test account and it works with no error?

I am looking for someone experienced with managing large boards, if you think you can help me, shoot me a PM.

Thank you.
Are you on a VPS or dedicated server? It looks to me you're using InnoDB but the max value for innodb_data_file_path is too low.
(2012-03-24, 11:47 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on a VPS or dedicated server? It looks to me you're using InnoDB but the max value for innodb_data_file_path is too low.

I am on a VPS. Is there any way that I could increase the limit?
(2012-03-24, 11:51 AM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-24, 11:47 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Are you on a VPS or dedicated server? It looks to me you're using InnoDB but the max value for innodb_data_file_path is too low.

I am on a VPS. Is there any way that I could increase the limit?

If you're using InnoDB tables, then simply remove :max:{val}M from innodb_data_file_path in my.cnf

For example, change:

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:25M:autoextend:max:512M

to:

innodb_data_file_path = ibdata1:25M:autoextend

If you're not using InnoDB tables, it could a number of any other things.
How do I know whether I am using InnoDB database or not? The type of the tables are MyISAM if you are asking that, I changed the mybb_sessions one into MEMORY as recommended by labrocca and this problem occurs now. I emptied the mybb_sessions to fix it.

Sorry for noobish question.
(2012-03-24, 12:01 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]How do I know whether I am using InnoDB database or not? The type of the tables are MyISAM if you are asking that, I changed the mybb_sessions one into MEMORY as recommended by labrocca and this problem occurs now.

Then it's most likely that the partition is full. Were you experiencing issues with the sessions table with MyISAM? If not, you could change back to MyISAM.

(2012-03-24, 12:01 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]I emptied the mybb_sessions to fix it.

All that will do is log your users out. It's not a solution.
Yes, I was experiencing problems with MyISAM, the mybb_sessions was CRASHING, when I used MEMORY, now I get this error.

The table was only 16MB. And strange thing is that when I did a empty on mybb_sessions I didn't get logged out? Maybe because browsers keep cookies and all that?
(2012-03-24, 12:23 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]The table was only 16MB.

For some reason I had a not-enough-coffee moment. You'd want to increase the max_heap_table_size instead.

(2012-03-24, 12:23 PM)jard0n5 Wrote: [ -> ]And strange thing is that when I did a empty on mybb_sessions I didn't get logged out? Maybe because browsers keep cookies and all that?

Let me clarify by saying I was referring to the user's sessions. If they visit the forum again, they would be logged back in but it's not a solution to the issue.
Alright, but if there is a maximum size for a table, why do bigger tables like mybb_posts don't say it's full? They are bigger than mybb_sessions one.

Also, the error saying mybb_sessions is full appeared to Administrator (UID 1 - my account) and not to my test account?
It's because mybb_posts is MyISAM and mybb_sessions is memory. The memory limit for tables is too low, so it only affects the sessions table.
Pages: 1 2