MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: get the email registration confirmation sent automatically
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I first created the forum and had the first 2 members to join, the registration process went like it should ... they did get an email in their email account and they activated their account by clicking on the link included in the email.

BUT since a few days, none of the new members gets the activation email and thus they stay in the group awaiting activation !!!!

I activated them myself from my administration panel ...

Perhaps i deactivated some function by mistake???
Can someone help me by telling me what to check.

I looked in User Registration and Profile Options / Registration Method and the correct option is well selected: Send Email Verification

What else should I check???

Thanks for any help ... I really like to solve this problem quickly Angel
This isn't a MyBB issue. If you haven't changed anything, it's an issue with your host. Try contacting them.
(2012-03-25, 05:11 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]This isn't a MyBB issue. If you haven't changed anything, it's an issue with your host. Try contacting them.

Is there any way I could have changed something without knowing?
And what do I tell my host ?

Tnx for the help ...
(2012-03-25, 07:15 AM)lucseawalker Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way I could have changed something without knowing?

Unless you specifically changed something, no.

(2012-03-25, 07:15 AM)lucseawalker Wrote: [ -> ]And what do I tell my host ?

Tell them that your hosting account has failed to send PHP mail (Unless you're using SMTP) and they'll look into it.

If they say it's not an issue with their mail server then see [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead).
I just contacted my host Hostmonster and was told that "Your email has been deactivated for a Terms of Service violation. You're going to need to contact the Terms of Service Compliance team to seek resolution. They're closed right now. Would you like me to list the ways you can contact them and their hours of operation? "

Wonder why ... I will call them tomorrow and find out what the problem is!

Anyone here at MyBB has any idea what the problem might be???
Well it's clearly not a MyBB issue then. They've suspended your mail service. That's nothing we can help you with.
(2012-03-25, 08:14 AM)lucseawalker Wrote: [ -> ]I just contacted my host Hostmonster and was told that "Your email has been deactivated for a Terms of Service violation. You're going to need to contact the Terms of Service Compliance team to seek resolution. They're closed right now. Would you like me to list the ways you can contact them and their hours of operation? "

They might think too many emails are being sent out via your forum (blasts, registration emails, etc). But, in your case, if they say that, then it is probably time to find a new host, as your forum does not seem to have super high traffic.
(2012-03-25, 04:22 PM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-25, 08:14 AM)lucseawalker Wrote: [ -> ]I just contacted my host Hostmonster and was told that "Your email has been deactivated for a Terms of Service violation. You're going to need to contact the Terms of Service Compliance team to seek resolution. They're closed right now. Would you like me to list the ways you can contact them and their hours of operation? "

They might think too many emails are being sent out via your forum (blasts, registration emails, etc). But, in your case, if they say that, then it is probably time to find a new host, as your forum does not seem to have super high traffic.

Problem is solved ... somehow one of my automatic email forwarder services got emails marked as spam ... the reason why the emails out were suspended. I disabled these forwarders and they re-established the outgoing emails now Big Grin

Problem solved ... tnx for the help!
(2012-03-25, 08:21 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Well it's clearly not a MyBB issue then. They've suspended your mail service. That's nothing we can help you with.

Issue is now resolved ... my mail service is turned back on Wink
Tnx for teh assistance