MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Random Quotes Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I've developed a random quotes plugin for MyBB. This plugin will display a random quote every minute in the forum header.

Post your feedback and bug reports here,

Activating the plugin :

1. Upload the zip file to your forum root and extract.

2. This plugin requires PluginLibrary mod .

3. Visit Admin CP and activate the plugin.

4. Note this plugin has no settings.

[attachment=25838]
I think you meant to post this in the Releases Section. One suggestion I have though is to make a setting for how often a random quote appears.
Since the plugin is pending validation I thought this thread would be appropriate. Thank you for your suggestion , I will try to add the setting in next release.
I was wondering how such a small plugin couldn't be configured, given its purpose, but looking at the source code it grabs the quotes from an RSS feed of a quotes site. However, they do not appear in the header, and yes, I installed PluginLibrary. Although if they are just random quotes with no customisation I think I'll pass. Thanks for making it, it seems great, but I doubt a random soppy love quote or a quote about bereavement would suit my forum, lol. x)
If the quotes are not visible try adding {quotes} in the template header. Yes, since it retrieves data from RSS feed there is no configuration and the plugin is smaller in size.