MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb expert needed? can any real expert help?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay hey all I want my forum just like this forum http://www.godlikeproductions.com

How do i get mybb forum just like this? I'm a mybb newbie and I suck at coding and editing etc, can someone please help me get my own forum like this by giving me instructions?

I don't want a category/parent forum I just want a single thread for the entire forum like godlikeproductions on the main index.php

Thank you

(2012-03-25, 07:52 AM)fakeblondguy Wrote: [ -> ]Okay hey all I want my forum just like this forum http://www.godlikeproductions.com

How do i get mybb forum just like this? I'm a mybb newbie and I suck at coding and editing etc, can someone please help me get my own forum like this by giving me instructions?

Thank you

I will pay 100 dollars maximum if you can help me, thnx
Huh
100$ ... ? *rotfl*
(2012-03-25, 11:29 AM)linguist Wrote: [ -> ]100$ ... ? *rotfl*

HuhHuhHuhHuhHuh

What do u mean?
So you just want to rip off their design, or...? How do you want it to 'be like that one'?
These guys are using the similar thing here: http://mebes.net/ , you may contact them how to do it.
(2012-03-25, 04:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So you just want to rip off their design, or...? How do you want it to 'be like that one'?

I just don't want a forum category where everyone posts on the same page, just a single discussion, no I'm not trying to rip.

Can anyone on mybb help with this?
(2012-03-25, 05:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]These guys are using the similar thing here: http://mebes.net/ , you may contact them how to do it.

There is no contact on there website also I created a threat for help from the webmaster and i was given no help ;/
(2012-03-25, 04:09 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]So you just want to rip off their design, or...? How do you want it to 'be like that one'?

Angry no no and NO. Can any expert from the support team help me please remove the category/parent forum.

I just want a single thread instead of an actual forum for the entire forum, how is that ripping someone off when they are not using mybb? Its not.

Toungue

Its been forever and no one can help Sad
OK then, well it would have helped to have specified that in the first post; all you said was 'how do i get mybb forum just like this' which is hardly very descriptive and sounds like you just want to copy it.

You'll either need a rewrite rule in your .htaccess to rewrite index.php to forumdisplay.php?fid=X where X is the ID of the forum you want to display (not sure if this will work or not) or you'll need to rename forumdisplay.php to index.php and code in a default forum ID to use. I'll move this to the code modifications forum though as this isn't MyBB support.
(2012-03-27, 06:21 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]OK then, well it would have helped to have specified that in the first post; all you said was 'how do i get mybb forum just like this' which is hardly very descriptive and sounds like you just want to copy it.

You'll either need a rewrite rule in your .htaccess to rewrite index.php to forumdisplay.php?fid=X where X is the ID of the forum you want to display (not sure if this will work or not) or you'll need to rename forumdisplay.php to index.php and code in a default forum ID to use. I'll move this to the code modifications forum though as this isn't MyBB support.

Okay thank you, I changed index.PHP to forumdisplay.PHP and forum display.PHP to index.PHP

As I'm editing forum display aka index.php I try editing in the code $fid by replacing by placing all of thos with $fid=32 it causes an webpage error. So i changed $fid=32 back to $fid.

When i edit in ['fid'] it seems to work by replacing a webpage saying invalid forum, however its not showing the forum lol.

I have no idea what any of this coding means... here's what the forum display.PHP I have edited

so what you want is an index which is a forum display threadlist. Just ONE forum and only the threadlist showing on your main page and no breadcrumbs.

Follow Matts advice - put a redirect in your HD access to the forumdisplay you want and remove the breadcrumbs. Use a sidebox to call the threads whatever on the side.

Done.
Pages: 1 2