MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Browser Info?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where can I see which browser my individuals members are using? I see the graphs etc. in Awstats but cannot find anywhere in cPanel or ACP that shows it for individual users. Must be one?

I have a totally separate question also. The description under the Cache Manager sounds like rebuilding the caches is a good thing to do, but I don't understand it really. Is this something I should be doing regularly?

I believe there is a plugin to show an image or two resembling the OS and Browser. This info comes from the UserAgent string.
As for the caches, AFAIK, you don't need to unless you start noticing inaccurate stats or other problems.
GV thanks I downloaded the PI, but I cannot find it to see any settings. It is active but the icons are all just question marks. On one member it showed the IE9 and Win7 Icon but is not there now. I guess this is more appropriate in the plugin help section at this point.

[attachment=25839]
Use Google Analytics?

As for the caches, there's no reason to rebuild them at any time, they'll just be rebuilt with the same data they had in them to begin with. They basically just store information to save having to query it all the time as it's stuff that won't change often, such as forum permissions and usergroup settings/ As GamerVoid said, things like the stats one might get out of sync sometimes but generally you don't need to worry about them.
(2012-03-25, 04:08 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Use Google Analytics?

As for the caches, there's no reason to rebuild them at any time, they'll just be rebuilt with the same data they had in them to begin with.

Thanks for the cache answer Matt.

Re: analytics, how do I incorporate it into my site? Do I just go to the Google Analytics page (I have been there a while back) and follow the directions, or is there a plugin for it now.

BTW your plugin uploader is the best thing since sliced bread man I just love that thing - thanks for making it.
For Google Analytics you just need to set up your site, and it gives you a small piece of javascript to put on your site, usually in the footer template, and that's it, it'll give you stats on their browser, computer, location, how they found the site etc etc. Doesn't need a plugin as it's just a case of adding a few lines to the template.

And thanks Smile I have an update coming out soon to make it even better.
I suppose GA is better because you can learn about unregistered users too.
Thanks Matt, you always deliver the goods.

Can't wait for the update but I don't know how it could be better. Is it going to serve coffee and tea now while it uploads the zip files?

Big Grin
Thanks for your help GV I appreciate it. Smile
Looks like I have one more question. I have the script ready to paste into my page/s, but I'm not sure what constitutes a page. My homepage or .index is a page I know that, but when I click a forum, or a thread within a fourm are all those also pages?
Just add the GA code into the bottom of the headerinclude template. That's the best spot IMHO for it. Wink