MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: replace "reputation" by "helpfulness" in each post
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone tell me where to go in the Admin CP to replace the word "reputation" in the top of each post by the word "helpfulness". I looked in most of the languages files and modified lots of that word in the messages users get but I could not find the one in the post themselves ...

Must be easy when you know where Huh
Should be in /inc/languages/english/reputation.lang
(2012-03-26, 03:51 AM)Mebes Net Wrote: [ -> ]Should be in /inc/languages/english/reputation.lang

I looked at that file about 5 times and I replaced all the "reputation" by "helpfulness" but did not find the boxes with

I cannot find these 4 boxes anywhere???

Anyone can help??Huh
File : Line number : String

./inc/languages/english/usercp.lang.php:41:$l['reputation'] = "Reputation:";
./inc/languages/english/member.lang.php:165:$l['reputation'] = "Reputation:";
./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:212:$l['postbit_reputation'] = "Reputation:";
(2012-03-26, 06:45 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]File : Line number : String

./inc/languages/english/global.lang.php:212:$l['postbit_reputation'] = "Reputation:";

H Nathan and tnx for your quick answer.
But I am not a programmer ... so I am not sure what I am supposed to do with your answer ...Huh

Do I need to go in the files on the host server and modify in these files ??? or do I access these files via my Admin CP in the forum itself?
You've to edit the files through your hosting control panel. Also edit just the text inside the double quotes, e.g. in this;
Quote:./inc/languages/english/usercp.lang.php:41:$l['reputation'] = "Reputation:";
the red part should be edited.
(2012-03-26, 06:50 AM)lucseawalker Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-26, 06:45 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]File : Line number : String

H Nathan and tnx for your quick answer.
But I am not a programmer ... so I am not sure what I am supposed to do with your answer ...Huh

Do I need to go in the files on the host server and modify in these files ??? or do I access these files via my Admin CP in the forum itself?

I just looked in the install files in my computer and did find the 3 lines above ... and I replaced the word "reputation" by "Helpfulness'.
Should I now upload these 3 modified files on my host? And that would be it??Wink
(2012-03-26, 07:00 AM)lucseawalker Wrote: [ -> ]I just looked in the install files in my computer and did find the 3 lines above ... and I replaced the word "reputation" by "Helpfulness'.
Should I now upload these 3 modified files on my host? And that would be it??Wink

Indeed. Smile