MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: board uploading problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey staff and everyone

when i tried to upload the mybb board to my centos hosting account just for a test

some of the board files got deleted on it

so i think there is something wrong with your board software

because this happen to me twice now on both of my hosting account

so can you guys help me please

thanks
There is no problem with software, how all of us installed with no problems?
Are you sure you uploaded all files? Upload missing files then. It's problem in your host and you.
Hey staff

why don't you guys believe me that it is your board software

thats breaking both of my hosting accounts

Quinn has no idea how to fix these problems okay

because its your board software

because everything else works 100% fine on both of my hosting accounts

thanks
Can you explain me then how this forum works? And many of them more? Please don't spam and read wiki for installing.
If you think it's MyBB you're welcome to look through the code and find the code that deletes MyBB's own files. However you'll be wasting your time as MyBB doesn't delete it's own files. Could you maybe tell us what files are supposedly being deleted? Are you sure they actually get uploaded? How soon after they get uploaded do they disappear? The fact you're the first person to say this is happening indicates it's something you're doing that's causing it if it happens on two servers.
Hey MattRogowski

the files get deleted as soon as i chmod them to 666

thats when they get deleted

so am i chmod them the wrong way then

thanks
Right, so how would a file being CHMOD'd and then disappearing be something to do with MyBB? It's not like the MyBB code somehow knows a file has been CHMOD'd and then deletes it. Ask your host why it's doing it, it sounds like they disallow permissions of 666 for some reason and remove any files with permissions that are too high.
but I'd like to see if you can get the people on MyBB forums to just tell us what we need to change to make it work (I have no ideas).

that what quinn said to me today about my uploading and board login problem
Well there's not a lot we're going to be able to tell you, if files get deleted when you change the CHMODs there's nothing we're going to be able to do about it at all, which is why I said to ask your host. We have absolutely no way of knowing why it happens, but your host should, as it's their server.