MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mass Mail not sending
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to send a mass e-mail to members of my forum. I even set the option to deliver now, and it still not working! How do I fix that?
Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
The test worked

[email protected]

7:42 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
This is a mailing test to see if PHP mail works.

I just tried to send another e-mail and still no message was sent
I am having a Mass Mail problem as well. Followed instructions within a few searches here and I enclosed some pictures as well.

I went to the Wiki link and did that test.php mail and it did send me an email through php mail. I disabled the problem task and upon doing so another task ran, it hasn't been ran in over a year apparently.[Image: WhenItStarted.jpg]
[Image: WhenItStopped.jpg]

I double checked and mass email task is enabled, and I have it set to run everyminute for right now, but it still hasn't sent out any.

Any suggestions. Another note would be that, I remember doing an update around that time last year and had some complications with it. The board works great for what we use it for and we are starting to grow and haven't needed the mass email option until late and as you can tell, I haven't done a very good job of administrating the board, via the task problem Sad I would like to get this fixed asap.

myBB is up to date, is there something I can do to make sure that I can get mass email to work?
Thanks in advance
Brandon Brown

Solution for me was to delete all tasks in the tasks manager and that seemed to work. Going to re-build my tasks, will keep a closer eye on all of that here on after.

Just a FYI.
sry for the double post, I deleted all of my tasks and re-did the mass email one. Fixed everything. will be adding a task here and there to watch - but issue resolved. We are able to send mass emails now. VGA Smile
For future reference, tasks only run if there's somebody actively using the board. You probably didn't need to delete all the tasks Smile
thanks, didn't realize that about the tasks, I thought literally, mass email sent out every minute of every hour. Guess it makes sense not to do that if no one is on the board to write one. I deleted a few but it didn't seem to do anything, so I deleted them all except mass email and it sent immediately. Never did find the culprit task that was holding things up. Post Statics Day was the first one I deleted also.

Thanks
B