MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Admin option to stop users from disabling PM
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In UserCP, users can choose not to recieve private messages from other users.
Quote:Receive private messages from other users.

This is a real pain when admins and mods try to send a message to users. We have to manually edit their options.

I'm suggesting an admin option in the admin panel to disable this option.
Jeff Wrote:In UserCP, users can choose not to recieve private messages from other users.
Quote:Receive private messages from other users.

This is a real pain when admins and mods try to send a message to users. We have to manually edit their options.

I'm suggesting an admin option in the admin panel to disable this option.

I think this can be done by running a MySQL query, but I would also like to see a global option that control this. This would make it easier for the Admins Smile
Why not just email them?

I'm not saying your idea is bad, I'm just saying there is a perfectly good alternative right there.
Yes. Not everyone checks their email. I run a forum that has forum fules and moderators warn users via PM when they do something offensive.
I mean, if you use PM, whenever you login, a Javascript message popups up warning you a new PM arrived.
There should be an override if an admin sends a PM. I believe this has been included in 1.2, if not before (not 100% sure)
I don't think this is in 1.1.x. How about when moderators/global moderators send private messages? Would those be overridden?
Jeff Wrote:How about when moderators/global moderators send private messages? Would those be overridden?

Not at this point
Yeah, this is really irritating, and Admins are blocked like everyone else. I had a member do this to me, and I had to go into their options to turn it back on! I don't allow any member to block me out, so if I notice that they've turned off their PM's, I'll turn it back on myself! Hopefully that is fixed in 1.2, that admins cannot be blocked by users turning off their PM's! We should always be able to contact our members. I feel if they don't want to be contacted by the owner of the forum, they shouldn't be a member!!!!