MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Automatic Proxy Configuration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quick question... not sure if is possible or not, but basically at my school we have a wireless network with our school laptops configured with the schools proxy settings. At the same time, I also attend TAFE at a different location and they have their own wireless network that requires me to use their proxy server. My question is is there any way to set it so one proxy server is used when connected to one network and the other used when connected to the other network?

Hopefully that makes sense...
Not sure, but you can use a program to set your proxy server if it's windows. I have one for my college to bypass their filtering Toungue

Proxy settings are held in the registry iirc
Yeah, my netbook is running Windows. Can registry edits allow a different proxy to be used for each different network though?
No, but I suppose you could make a simply program with like 3 buttons, 1 for each network and one for no proxy Smile

EDIT: If you have .net experience WMI is where you should be looking by the looks of things Smile
I used to know how to use .net, but have since forgotten. Seems like a good time to brush up on it Big Grin
Yeah, I had a play around but really didn't have much time Toungue I can look into it a bit more if you'd like Smile unless you want to give it a go yourself Toungue