MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: White Screen on Merge Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My phpbb 3.0.10 forum is on xyz.com

I have installed mybb on xyz.com/mybb

I have uploaded merge folder at xyz.com/mybb/merge

NOW xyz.com/mybb/ works fine but when I visit xyz.com/mybb/merge/ it gives me a blank page.. I have reuploaded the folder several times.. I have also locked both the forums..
Can anyone help.. I am sure I am doing something really stupid but I cant seem to figure it out :|
HELP ME DYLANNNNN !!!
Its been around 32 hrs since I posted my querry.. I am not sure how long should I wait for help.. I barely had to wait for couple of hrs for phpBB support and I dont think my problem is that complicated that noone can respond.
Can you check your error logs and post the contents here?
And by that he means server error logs, not the Merge System logs folder logs (which have been deprecated and removed, I just haven't removed the logs folder yet).

Screaming you need help isn't going to get you very far around here.
(2012-03-29, 04:00 PM)Dylan M. Wrote: [ -> ]And by that he means server error logs, not the Merge System logs folder logs (which have been deprecated and removed, I just haven't removed the logs folder yet).

Screaming you need help isn't going to get you very far around here.
Mate I wasnt screaming your name outto anger or something.. I was just happy to see your name in Online List of the forum.. I had wasted over an hour banging my head everywhere and it just wasnt working\.. Although merge system works on my local server pretty well..

ANd I just checked my error logs.. I have few errors regarding other sites (I host multiple sites on my server) but there is nothing it seems regarding mybb.. Do you still want me to post entire error log?
Odd. I assume you don't have a rogue .htaccess file in the merge folder or anything?

If it does work fine on your localhost, why not do the merge there then import the database on your live server? That's personally how I'd do it anyway.
(2012-03-29, 04:43 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Odd. I assume you don't have a rogue .htaccess file in the merge folder or anything?

If it does work fine on your localhost, why not do the merge there then import the database on your live server? That's personally how I'd do it anyway.

I cant see any file other than what was there in merge package.. I just downloaded it and unzaipped it.. I have even tried deleting the folder and recreating it..

I thought abt doing that but that ill do in the weekend probably.. My database is over 250MB and installing phpBB and importing etc is pain in the lime..

I know my problem isnt too technical.. Its probably somewhere ive <snip> up.. I just cant seem to find that issue Huh
Well, you say you've uploaded the files correctly and there are no logged errors so I really have no idea what the problem could be I'm afraid.
(2012-03-29, 04:53 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Well, you say you've uploaded the files correctly and there are no logged errors so I really have no idea what the problem could be I'm afraid.

If i delete the index.php i can see the files on the server but If i reupload index.php i get a blank page.. Could there be something wrong with my hosting that index.php is not able to display properly? have you seen such error before?
Hi there,

Please post your FTP and MyBB admin info in a new thread in the Private Inquiries forum. Threads you post there can only be seen by yourself and staff, everything within the forum is confidential. By posting your details in that forum, all staff members will be able to look at your problem and provide a solution. Also, please provide a link in your new thread to your post/thread here so staff can see all other information given/discovered so far.
Pages: 1 2