MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better Spam management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Yeah,Spamalyser is just good but registration process should be made more strict so that Bots do not register.
Not sure where to find it, but people register using bad words like the "F" word in their usernames among other things. I was wondering if there is a plugin or feature that deny's bad words in usernames during and after the registration process.
You can disallow usernames at ACP > Configuration > Banning > Disallowed Usernames. You can use the * character as a wildcard. For example:

*MyBadWord*

would block any username including MyBadWord in any way Smile
The hidden captcha is so far the most effective anti spambots measure I've tried.
And human spammers are easy to deal with by staff.
found one user used about 40 addresses, various names. Is there a way to restrict an ip registration to one account?
(2012-04-04, 10:40 PM)slickdude Wrote: [ -> ]found one user used about 40 addresses, various names. Is there a way to restrict an ip registration to one account?

He probably has a dynamic IP address or dialup that changes every time he connects to the internet.
(2012-04-05, 03:29 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-04, 10:40 PM)slickdude Wrote: [ -> ]found one user used about 40 addresses, various names. Is there a way to restrict an ip registration to one account?

He probably has a dynamic IP address or dialup that changes every time he connects to the internet.

Same IP different accounts, actually found several with almost 60 IP's. Seems in a span of about 10 days I managed to get over 3,100 registrations. I suspect they were going to hack and take down the forums. One thing that came in handy was the plugin showing the multiple accounts per IP. What would have been nice is if that author added a check all check box and pull down menu with ban or delete options at the bottom of the page. Would have made deleting all these an instant act and saved several days worth of tireless work. Many are double or triple accounts about 1700 of them Wink
Pages: 1 2