MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better Spam management
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I hope we see a better spam management system in mybb which won't require installation of a lot of plugins for spam management that we need to do in the current version _1.6.6.
Well, they are going to release Spam Ninja fairly soon it sounds like, but who knows what SN will do.

I think Q/A as core would be good, because GD captchas pretty much suck nowadays. Recaptcha annoys legit users, and bots are getting around it.

Q/A, if given good questions, stops spammers right in their tracks.
Best anti-spam measure I have ever seen is the challenge/response system where the forum admin sets up questions users have to answer on registration. Works great.
I'm fairly sure 2.0 will have plenty of ways both to prevent SPAm and to treat it. As GamerVoid mentioned Spam Ninja should be due for release imminently (hopefully) and should help fight against the current spam issues within the 1.6 branch.
I think the concept of Goodbye Spammer should be implemented too.

It helps so much in killing spambots. Click, click, click, done!

Instead of click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, click, almost done.
It might well be added. I would certainly likely to see some easy method of removing them for sure.
(2012-03-29, 03:13 PM)KDulcimer Wrote: [ -> ]Best anti-spam measure I have ever seen is the challenge/response system where the forum admin sets up questions users have to answer on registration. Works great.

This.

I have no other spam plugins on my forums atm other than "Registration Questions". Customize the questions and voila. I get about 1 spam bot a month, a human spam bot which no system can stop. Other than that we're completely clean.

Though I heard I think Spamalyser is really good, Solidus really recommended it.
Spamalyser is supremely good. I always tend to use it in conjunction with the registration security question and never seem to have problems at all. It does sometimes catch some false positives, though it's a heck of a lot better than the akismet plugin.
Spamalyser is awesome. Has completely stopped spam dead on my forum.

I have no registration security of any kind now. I want sign-up to be as frictionless as possible. Username, password, e-mail. Done.
I do agree with Spamalyser being awesome. Definitely recommend it.
Pages: 1 2