MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PM Box a tad to big and Multiple reps on one user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering how I can fix the message pox in PM's. It's a tad to big and covering a bit of the options given for PM's.

With that being said, how exactly can I make it to where you can only give one reputation to a person rather than multiple?

Regards,
Yamaha
Edit the template private_send and find:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="4">{$message}</textarea>

and adjust the rows and cols values 1-2 points at a time until it lines up properly. test on a couple browsers.

regarding reputation, you can only modify how many per day you can give and not set a maximum per user being rep'd. you would need a plugin. i am not sure if one already exists
@paveman you can set max rep's per person.

ACP>Configuration>Settings>Reputation Settings>Allow Multiple Reputation
(2012-03-28, 11:59 PM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]Edit the template private_send and find:
<textarea name="message" id="message" rows="20" cols="70" tabindex="4">{$message}</textarea>

and adjust the rows and cols values 1-2 points at a time until it lines up properly. test on a couple browsers.

regarding reputation, you can only modify how many per day you can give and not set a maximum per user being rep'd. you would need a plugin. i am not sure if one already exists
I don't understand the editing thing. Move it one-two points? The reputation thing is possible. I've seen in on HF.
(2012-03-29, 12:03 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]@paveman you can set max rep's per person.

yes, you can do that but it is limited to a user directly and does not include a user's post, which you can rep more than once IIRC

(2012-03-29, 12:05 AM)Yamaha Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand the editing thing. Move it one-two points? The reputation thing is possible. I've seen in on HF.

Change the value of rows and cols until the size is correct. for example, change 20 to 18 and 70 to 68.if that does not fit still, change it again to smaller numbers. you do not have change both and you don't need to change them the same amount. you are just changing the size of the message area.
(2012-03-29, 12:10 AM)pavemen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-03-29, 12:03 AM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]@paveman you can set max rep's per person.

yes, you can do that but it is limited to a user directly and does not include a user's post, which you can rep more than once IIRC

(2012-03-29, 12:05 AM)Yamaha Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand the editing thing. Move it one-two points? The reputation thing is possible. I've seen in on HF.

Change the value of rows and cols until the size is correct. for example, change 20 to 18 and 70 to 68.if that does not fit still, change it again to smaller numbers. you do not have change both and you don't need to change them the same amount. you are just changing the size of the message area.

Okay this is not working at all. It hasn't changed one bit.

EDIT: I have fixed it. Thank you to you both!