MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: WIP Twitter bootstrap for Mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
+3 for responsive CSS. Especially since this is going to be released as theme framework. Big Grin
ok will add it once I finished with the html..

I think i found a bug, actually it is not a bug. bootstrap.css is a very large file, so when I was using mybbs stylesheet editor, it was unable to save the full stylesheet to the database. I was able to solve this by altering the mybb_themestylesheets tables stylesheet column type from text to longtext in order to support the huge file.
At the time of the release I think I will split the CSS into two parts so that none of the users have to alter their database.

Mybb`s default color scheme is blue, so decided to throw some blue into the theme..
How does one achieve a stylesheet too large for the db to handle? I've done some pretty sloppy CSS work before, and I have never run into that issue..
(2012-04-01, 06:33 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]How does one achieve a stylesheet too large for the db to handle? I've done some pretty sloppy CSS work before, and I have never run into that issue..

Have you seen the bootstrap - it's got a ton of seemingly useless stuff? If the OP's just including the whole of the bootstrap's styling instead of only what he needs, that's a lot of CSS. Here's a link to the list of all the .less files: https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/tree/master/less Once compiled, the css output files will be even larger.

@OP: Not bad with the blue, but the text on the thead doesn't look right IMO
(2012-04-01, 06:33 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]How does one achieve a stylesheet too large for the db to handle? I've done some pretty sloppy CSS work before, and I have never run into that issue..

Bootstrap.css got lot of stuffs in it.

(2012-04-01, 10:24 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]@OP: Not bad with the blue, but the text on the thead doesn't look right IMO
Yup, there are lots of stuffs that needs to be fixed..
(2012-04-01, 10:24 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you seen the bootstrap - it's got a ton of seemingly useless stuff? If the OP's just including the whole of the bootstrap's styling instead of only what he needs, that's a lot of CSS. Here's a link to the list of all the .less files: https://github.com/twitter/bootstrap/tree/master/less Once compiled, the css output files will be even larger.

@OP: Not bad with the blue, but the text on the thead doesn't look right IMO

I didn't even know what bootstrap was until you posted this to be honest.
Fair enough Wink
Are you going to keep the table-based layout? It'd be great if you recoded the whole thing with divs. There's no point in adding all of this HTML5/CSS3 fancy stuff if you're still using tables for layout.
Yup I am gonna keep table based layout for forumbit showthread etc. Table should be used for tabular data.
(2012-04-03, 03:14 AM)techu Wrote: [ -> ]Yup I am gonna keep table based layout for forumbit showthread etc. Table should be used for tabular data.

Completely agree with this decision. Tables are still part of the spec (and presumably always will be) because we still use tabular data in web design. A category listing is a perfect example of tabular data. You have columns for forum titles, post count, and last poster, and of course rows that are unique.

However, I think the showthread could be recreated usin divs, as it's mostly not tabular.
Pages: 1 2 3