MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google Adding Images to ReCaptcha
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Not related solely to MyBB, so:

http://pulse.me/s/7ye3N

Google is adding in some of its street view images to Recaptcha to see if those images are more successful at stopping bots.

We'll have to see if it works, and I am sure the web hopes so!

Die spambots, die!
Google > all.
I don't care enough help them identify the numbers therefore I keep putting n****r as my second word.
I disabled recaptcha on my board. Q/A, Spamalyser, required approvals, semi-complex ranks-permissions system, Goodbye Spammer mod —— I am good to go.
Google really blows......... (They are getting worse and worse ..MUCH MORE INTRUSIVE!!!)
Why words from street signs? A fuzzy image of some object will work so well, such as a book, brush, shed ect. Bots can read, but they can't see.
(2012-03-30, 06:57 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]I disabled recaptcha on my board. Q/A, Spamalyser, required approvals, semi-complex ranks-permissions system, Goodbye Spammer mod —— I am good to go.

Too many in my opinion.
And so Captchas become even more annoying for human members...
(2012-03-31, 04:56 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]And so Captchas become even more annoying for human members...

They're easier to read than the annoying words one in my opinion.
I haven't seen one in action yet so that may well be true. Captchas still annoy me though.
Pages: 1 2