MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: mybb problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi when i click on browse themes or plugins i get this message
The following errors were encountered:

There was a problem communicating with the MyBB themes server. Please try again in a few minutes.

can some1 help i just want to make sure everything is working befor i move my forum to mybb
Make sure your hosts has at least one of the following PHP functions enabled:

curl_init
fsockopen

If they do, and it's still not working, it's an issue on our end.
how do i check will it be in my host cp
Upload the attached file to the server, then navigate to yoursite.com/php_check.php and post the output.

Remember to delete it after.

thanks m8 this is what it says m8
curl_init is not available on the server.
fsockopen is available on the server.
curl_init fails so it tries to use fsockopen instead. It's most likely failing to connect to our server either due to us blocking the server (E.g. if the server is known to be used for malicious or spamming purposes) or it's timing out on our end.

I advise you to wait a few hours and try again. In the mean time you can access themes and plugins directly here: http://mods.mybb.com/
it was like it last night too m8,thanks for the link can i get the plugins the same way untill its sorted?
(2012-03-30, 01:14 PM)CRAIG@VM Wrote: [ -> ]it was like it last night too m8,thanks for the link can i get the plugins the same way untill its sorted?

The modules in the ACP just provide a quick way to browse through plugins and themes, you still have to download and install them manually.
that link dont work m8 it just says

File not found!

The URL you have loaded has not been found on this server.

Please alert the system administrator if you believe you have reached this in error.
I made a typo, I corrected my post. Smile
Pages: 1 2