MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Windows Vista?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious who is going to upgrade? the release is released at the end of the year and has some high expectations for system resources, relquires recomended 1gb ram, 64 mb video, 1.8ghz cpu, and 15gb hdd space. who will upgrade?
They say it's going to be released at the end of the year.. when has Microsoft ever stuck to deadlines?

I'm miles off 1gb ram! My computer (is old) running Windows XP only has 128MB RAM. And my laptop has like 512MB. :/
I'm not going to buy it. Even if I was still using Windows on a day to day basis I still wouldn't buy it. The only operating system I have bought was Windows 95 to replace Windows 3.1 on the main desktop. Windows 98 came on the new family computer. A couple of years ago new computers were bought with Windows XP on it. Therefor, if i were still using windows, I wouldn't see a new version of it until around five years from now when they release Microsoft Windows <insert buzz word> and my computer is realy buggered. Since I'm not using windows very much any more, XP could well be the last MS OS I ever own.

In other news, the new version of Fedora will be avalible this October.
lol, i only got a gb so im prob not gonna upgrade
Actually Vista only requires 512 MB's of RAM, and that's for the flashy version.

Those requirements posted by willow are only if you're gonna get the whole thing.

They do have alternatives for computers that don't meet the requirements, they're just not as pretty.

I, for one, can't wait until Windows Vista. Probably cuz the only thing that isn't Vista compatible on my computer is the lack of a DVD-RW. Toungue
I'm getting 1 GB ram (fast, PC6400). 3800+ AMD X2, 256 MB ATI radeon.
I'm still not gonna upgrade Smile
Too fancy for me 0.o
And it looks like Mac OSX 0.o
wow thats fast ram, i got the OCZ performance ones and there only 5400 667
My laptop is only .2 less than the reccommended specs for proccessor (I guess the duel-core helps that), and it still runs the Windows Vista Beta Very smoothly (Areo interface and all). Everything else meets or surpases the reccommended specs

The only problem I'm having is with drivers not working with Vista

Also, Windows vista "ultimate" edition will be released by the end of the year for buisnesses, but the other editions such as the standard user edition will be released estimated first quarter 2007. They say they need time to program the rest of the "user" features.
the drivers wont work properly due to the fact that its a beta and i think its in 64 bit, im sure you can get 32 bit though
willow Wrote:the drivers wont work properly due to the fact that its a beta and i think its in 64 bit, im sure you can get 32 bit though

you should look on your hardware manufactor's web site and see if they have it now, they are adding more drivers by the day
Pages: 1 2