MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: urgent help needed want to change my hosting completely tell me what I do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello fellows,
I have to change my hosting completely, mean at this time where my fourm is running is giving much problems due to that I have loss to maximum of my visitors, so I want to say that I didn't how to move complete site.
I want to tell you that
I have 1gb web space which is over 950mb full and just 50mb left
and mybb data base backup size is minimum 80mb
I want to shift to godaddy hosting so can any one tell me what i have to do in detail please.
because I have to move my all hosting with all thing which is on my site.
Hope you guys will understand me and so sorry for my bad English.
Waiting of your replies.
Thanks and regards
Take backup your site, and import your backup using phpmyadmin in the new site. For more clearer info: [Wiki: Database_Restore] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)
you are right bro but could i have to take cpanel backup also?

also please if you define the complete procedure that what should i have to do that my all site is shifted to another server and all component will work better.
please
1) Disable all plugins (usually not necessary)
2) Copy all the files to your computer.
3) Export the database from your old server.
4) Import the database into your new server.
5) Upload your files to the next server.
6) Change database information in /inc/config.php.
7) Enjoy.
thanks bro but a little more. Can i download all Public_HTML folder from hosting and then upload to new server?
(2012-04-02, 02:38 PM)dubaidxb Wrote: [ -> ]thanks bro but a little more. Can i download all Public_HTML folder from hosting and then upload to new server?

Yes.
thanks bro i will do this now.