MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to make global announcements
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone.

So, I've been trying to make threads that are global announcements, meaning that they're threads seen in every forum. Is there a way to do this on mybb by default? I can only find the sticky thread option.

Thanks in advance!

-preb34
Mod CP > Announcements > Add Global Announcement
Oh! Wow, didn't even notice. Thanks a lot.
No problem, glad to help. Smile
Another question:

I made a global announcement, but it isn't showing in my forums (jclass.icyboards.net) at all.

Where are they supposed to be seen?
IcyBoards are still using MyBB 1.6.5. There was an issue in that version where forum announcements weren't shown. You'll have to wait for them to upgrade their system.
Hmmm... looks like I'll have to tell spork about that. Thanks.
There is no work around. You have to wait for them to upgrade.
(2012-03-31, 04:47 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]IcyBoards are still using MyBB 1.6.5. There was an issue in that version where forum announcements weren't shown. You'll have to wait for them to upgrade their system.

One of my hosts was giving a 1 click install of MyBB 1.6.5 which I used for convenience but I immediately upgraded (each release step) a few times to get to the most recent version (I think that's how you do it?) because ftp uploading takes forever on this host. Yet announcements are not working... I don't understand how that is even possible considering the upgrades??

I searched through template files.. what's the template variable for global announcements? perhaps the template files are missing it.