MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I Purchased MyBB Project.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
(2012-04-01, 09:33 PM)Chasingu Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-01, 09:31 PM)Anxiety Wrote: [ -> ]Too late, I'm moving to Vanilla. #AwesomeStuff

Either I don't get Vanilla, or it looks aweful...

Was obviously joking broski.
If this is true - A few points to consider:

1) Is your product better than IPB or XenForo?
2) Is it really worth losing all your current members
3) Are you really that insipid? (Insipid means stupid, FYI)

Herends an era.
April fool is over. Get back to work and end this. #sarcasm
(2012-04-02, 04:28 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]If this is true - A few points to consider:

Herends an era.
1) Yes
2) not really, but I for one will not go to SMF or phpBB, definitely not Vanilla. They will lose a chunk if this ever happens, but a serious site admin doesn't get everything free. Websites are often a loss for the owner if they don't fill the board with ads.
3) I wouldn't say that. labrocca is a very smart person. HF is one of the larger forums around. You don't get there through stupidity.
Hahaha, FUnny Labrocca.
If this is not April's Joke, then I believe he will sell at that expensive price Big Grin
(2012-04-02, 05:14 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-02, 04:28 AM)bcousins Wrote: [ -> ]If this is true - A few points to consider:

Herends an era.
1) Yes
2) not really, but I for one will not go to SMF or phpBB, definitely not Vanilla. They will lose a chunk if this ever happens, but a serious site admin doesn't get everything free. Websites are often a loss for the owner if they don't fill the board with ads.
3) I wouldn't say that. labrocca is a very smart person. HF is one of the larger forums around. You don't get there through stupidity.

But why make it paid? Why be that stupid?
Personally, I think once 2.0 comes out, it will be almost time for paid to become reality.
Server costs, other maintenance, and stuff cost a lot of money.

I am sort of hoping that they'd be able to hire a couple of dedicated/part-time-paid devs. I think it would help the project (no offense to the volunteers now — you guys are great!).

* Josh H. has not totally fallen for the joke yet, but is more playing devil's advocate.
(2012-04-02, 05:39 AM)GamerVoid Wrote: [ -> ]Personally, I think once 2.0 comes out, it will be almost time for paid to become reality.
Server costs, other maintenance, and stuff cost a lot of money.

I am sort of hoping that they'd be able to hire a couple of dedicated/part-time-paid devs. I think it would help the project (no offense to the volunteers now — you guys are great!).

* GamerVoid has not totally fallen for the joke yet, but is more playing devil's advocate.

MyBB will never go paid. Toungue

I can't believe so many people fell for this. Remember, free never tasted so good. Wink
* Josh H. smelled something fishy
* Josh H. slaps everyone but himself for discussing this joke around a bit with a large trout.
Lol, I totally fell for this!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6