MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: chmod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what are the chmod for these,the instructions aren't in the download

The MyBB Requirements check failed due to the reasons below. MyBB installation cannot continue because you did not meet the MyBB requirements. Please correct the errors below and try again:

[*]The configuration file (inc/config.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.[list]

[*]The settings file (inc/settings.php) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

[*]The uploads directory (uploads/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.

[*]The avatars directory (uploads/avatars/) is not writable. Please adjust the chmod permissions to allow it to be written to.
See [wiki]CHMOD Files[/wiki]
I had the hardest time with this until I realized I could do it in FTP with IE. You just right click on the folder or file then select properties and this comes up:

[attachment=3728]

From what I understand, the current setting of this file is 655. If all the boxes were checked, it would be 777. If you needed to chmod any file or folder to that, you would click all the boxes for the install. Afterwards, you would just go back into the file, and change them back! Once I realized how to do it, it was EASY!!!
Wow, a 2004 member. Toungue
LOL...I didn't notice that...and just now installing the software????? Inquiring minds want to know! Big Grin