MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Private Complaint Dept.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like a plug in or modification that allows me to post a forum which registered members can post threads in, however the members who post there are only able to see the thread that they created and only the admins can see the thread list.

A completely private way of posting threads for discussion without using the PM system. User to Admin thread, One on One, always private.
already available built-in. set the forum permissions to can only view own threads for non-admin groups and then regular access for the admins
The following tip is actually similar to what posted by pavemen, but its detailed and I'm posting this so you can easily understand what pavemen meant.

People are confused with the options of permissions for "Private forums" in MyBB 1.6 . This small guide will walk through the easy steps to setup these permissions.

For example, if you want to make a forum as private and restrict "Registered" user group to see only there own threads within that specific forum, then Go to : ACP > Forums and Management > Select Forum > Edit > Permissions > and "Check" and "Un-check" the options below;

Permissions: for Registered User Group
Can view forum? [Checked]
Can view threads within forum? [Checked]
Can only view own threads? [Checked]
Can download attachments? [Checked]

Permissions: for Admin's and Mods
Can view forum? [Checked]
Can view threads within forum? [Checked]
Can only view own threads? [Un-Checked]
Can download attachments? [Checked]

+ Here Admins and Mods are those User Group who can see every one's thread / posts.
+ Here Registered are those User Group who can only there own created threads / posts.
Thank you very much. Reps added.