MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: A simple job? If so, then name your price.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wish to implement a simple audio player within a MyBB forum I'm planning, to meet the following requirements:

- It needs to be able to handle at least MP3, M4A/AAC, WAV, and AIFF file formats.

- It should be visually simple and require minimal screen real-estate. Something similar to Thread MP3 Player would be ideal in this respect, having just a play/pause button, a volume slider, and an elapsed/buffered time indicator. (However, I think Thread MP3 Player wouldn't be suitable in that it doesn't handle the necessary audio formats.)

- It should automatically appear to allow playback of audio files attached to posts. To explain my reasoning: I would like the users of the forum to upload their audio files to the forum server as attachments (rather than linking to files hosted on external servers). Therefore, without any further action or MyCode usage on the part of the user while creating their post, audio attachment links should automatically be accompanied a Flash player in the thread once the message has been posted, so that other users can listen to the attachment easily. Here's a Photoshop mockup I've put together with Thread MP3 Player's interface to clarify what I'm imagining here:

[Image: MockupPic.jpg]

My instinct is that this shouldn't be too tricky a job for someone in the know, and I'm willing to pay out some cash for it. If anyone thinks they can do it for me, then please PM me with some idea of pricing and we can go from there.

(Alternatively, if you think I'm underestimating the complexity of this task, then feel free to disabuse me of my false impressions!)
Automedia plugin ?
(2012-04-02, 02:27 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]Automedia plugin ?

Thanks for the suggestion, but unfortunately it doesn't appear to do what I'm looking for. Just tried it, and it's just like all the other players I've seen so far -- it only operates on links to external sites, not on post attachments.
I'm sure that with a bid of modification you could get it to do what you want, basically it needs to retract the source from the attachment=id instead of sitelink.mp3
Maybe asking the plugin author could be useful.

MyBB doesn't have it, but forum software like IPB allows you to upload attachments like images and then insert them in the post, that's what you want.
Sorry I'm off no further use but that's the easiest way I can think of, no coder myself Smile
(2012-04-02, 08:14 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure that with a bid of modification you could get it to do what you want, basically it needs to retract the source from the attachment=id instead of sitelink.mp3
Maybe asking the plugin author could be useful.

That might be a possible solution. I'll make enquiries. I'd rather hoped to be able to find a solution without training myself in PHP code, but maybe that's unavoidable.

Quote:Sorry I'm off no further use but that's the easiest way I can think of, no coder myself

Thanks anyway for the advice!