MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB/SQL error 126?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
126 - Incorrect key file for table '/var/mysqltmp/#sql_11d5_4.MYI'; try to repair it
Query:
SHOW COLUMNS FROM mybb_users LIKE 'unreadpms' 

This error has started popping up, i get roughly 1 report per day.

I have repaired the mybb_users table, but it comes back, so it has me beat.

Any help much appreciated.
You said you have repaired it before?

REPAIR TABLE `mybb_users`; 

Weird, that should fix it.
Does repairing the table help in the short term? If so, I've heard of people getting the same error when the database's disk is reaching fullness. It might be a good idea to contact your host.
(2012-04-02, 09:00 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Does repairing the table help in the short term? If so, I've heard of people getting the same error when the database's disk is reaching fullness. It might be a good idea to contact your host.

I contacted the host first. The techie I spoke to said that they did some maintenance on the shared server late last week. But he couldn't explain this issue.

@King_og, yep, I have repaired it a few times now. It only happens occasionally anyway, so it's hard to say if it works in the short term.

Also maybe related, is we have had 3 users report a banner for unread pm from mybb engine, that just says "titled: " with no topic or clickable link
Do you get any output from phpmyadmin when you run the repair command? In most cases, it should tell you what was wrong if anything.

As for the second issue, I have no idea why that would be. If you have a list of all the users experiencing the issue, you could check the users table via phpmyadmin and see what the "unreadpm" column displays for them.
(2012-04-02, 09:12 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Do you get any output from phpmyadmin when you run the repair command? In most cases, it should tell you what was wrong if anything.

no, it just says "OK" or similar, might be "completed", but something to that extent.

I emailed my host, i have talked to them on live chat, but maybe an official ticket will help... hope so anyway
Still getting these. I ran a database optimisation, PM tables had a fair whack of dud space in there.

We are now looking into a new host, for a few reasons, mostly the limit on SQL connections imposed by hostgator. Hopefully that will help, but if anyone has any insight to give, it would be muchly appreciated.
What did the host say when you contacted them via support ticket?