MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Major mySQL Errors
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am getting major mySQL errors on my board whenever I try to do many things.  I am wondering if the problem resulted because I moved the directory after installation.

Here are a few.

1. When an unlogged in guest tries to post/newthread/quote/email / or do pretty much anything (which would require you to log in) except view posts, instead of redirecting them to the login screen / register screen the board gives this error:

mySQL error: 1264
Out of range value adjusted for column 'location1' at row 1
Query: UPDATE mybb_sessions SET nopermission='1', location1='', location2='' WHERE sid='1270e806c03c3727d70bab18dd49fcd2'

2.No one can add their avatar except through the admin cp (even the administrator has to add it through the admin cp not the user cp)

3. No Files can be uploaded, the board gives a invalid file message on the top bar of the box.

Can I reinstall the board in a different directory on the same computer, or will I have to uninstall first?  I am worried that backing up the database will have a problem and if i uninstall the board before reinstalling I will lose all of database.  Any Ideas?  Thanks for your help!
What version of mySQL are you using?
Sounds like a known issue. Change it to a 0 instead.

The issue is that location1 and location2 are defined as integers, and your version of MySQL can't convert from an empty string to a number.
VoodooViper Wrote:1. When an unlogged in guest tries to post/newthread/quote/email / or do pretty much anything (which would require you to log in) except view posts, instead of redirecting them to the login screen / register screen the board gives this error:

Out of range value adjusted for column 'location1' at row 1
Query: UPDATE mybb_sessions SET nopermission='1', location1='', location2='' WHERE sid='1270e806c03c3727d70bab18dd49fcd2'

Try this
Make sure that the folders uploads and uploads/avatars are writable (chmod 777).
Thanks for the help.

I tried to fix the 1264 mysql error problem and change the files , but I am still getting that error.

I am running mySQL version 5.0.22 community-nt.

I think I am going to reinstall the board in another location to see if that fixes it.

Is it ok to install more than one copy of the board on the same computer?
For the MySQL errors, I believe you can temporarily fix the problems by switching the "Strict mode" in MySQL to off. Most of these errors should be fixed in MyBB 1.2.
I tried to reinstall and I'm getting the white screen during the populate tables page.!!!

This is really frustrating because I spent like 10-15 days installing and now I've been troubleshooting ever since then, I really don't want to switch to another software if I don't have to, but I keep on getting errors for everything that I do, here's the error for the creating a new usergroup option:

Out of range value adjusted for column 'pmquota' at row 1
Query: INSERT INTO mybb_usergroups (type, title, description, namestyle, usertitle, stars, starimage, image, isbannedgroup, canview, canviewprofiles, candlattachments, canpostthreads, canpostreplys, canpostattachments, canratethreads, caneditposts, candeleteposts, candeletethreads, caneditattachments, canpostpolls, canvotepolls, canusepms, cansendpms, cantrackpms, candenypmreceipts, pmquota, cansendemail, canviewmemberlist, canviewcalendar, canaddpublicevents, canaddprivateevents, canviewonline, canviewwolinvis, canviewonlineips, cancp, issupermod, cansearch, canusercp, canuploadavatars, canratemembers, canchangename, showforumteam, usereputationsystem, cangivereputations, reputationpower, maxreputationsday, candisplaygroup, attachquota, cancustomtitle) VALUES ('2', 'LHS 2006', '', '{username}', '', '0', 'images/star.gif', '', 'no', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', '', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'no', 'no', 'yes', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'no', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'yes', 'no', 'no', 'yes', 'yes', '1', '5', 'no', '10000', 'no');
Here are the modes that I am running. Strict_Trans_Tables, No_Auto_Create_User, No_Engine_Subsitution.

Which ones should I take off and which ones should I add? Thanks for the help.
Try removing Strict_Trans_Table...
Pages: 1 2