MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Put IRC channel on the site?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I don't know it's just always dead while most other projects seems to have a really busy IRC.

So my idea is to take advantage of http://www.qwebirc.org/ as it would provide easy access to the IRC channel.
We could add it as a tab. Big Grin
I like this idea. I prefer IRC channels that have a web interface, as I don't always have access to a IRC client.
Nobody knows about that though Toungue.
Actually, it's mentioned in the Get Involved page.

I'm up for setting up a page with an iframe to that link though. It would attract lots more users to the IRC channel.
I don't think IRC is as big as it once was. It was huge back in the early days of the internet, or so I hear, and sort of died a little, but was still around and fairly popular when I was into IRC 5 or so years ago...

I think with the mobile browsing becoming so big now, not as many people use PCs and just sit around idly. The MyBB IRC has always been pretty quiet. The /me thread is about as good as IRC.
If the channel was actually used I'd be in there 24/7.

Quote:I think with the mobile browsing becoming so big now, not as many people use PCs and just sit around idly.

I use IRC a lot from my mobile, and I stay connected whilst sleeping too.