MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dede no 日本語 Forum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: header.jpg]

ででの日本語フォーラム

Dede no Nihongoforum is a community for the lovers of Japanese language and culture.

Why did I make a forum about this:

I've been trying to make a succesful forum for a long long time Big Grin
By succesful I don't mean money making, I just want to get it running with a friendly community and the everyday members that have built up their reputation around the board, but whatever I tried I never succeeded and in the beginning I quited too easily.
After this long line of attempts I gave up but then came back again and tried a general forum, as I had no clue what topic to choose. Sufficed to say that also failed because I simply can't compete in that niche, so I decided to do something personal I can enjoy.
Since I was already learning Japanese and needed to learn it now to communicate with new family, why not make a forum on that ?!

How would I learn Japanese:
Same way I'm learning it myself, by using it! that's literally the best way to learn any language.
I've already have some experience and I've got some good methods of learning the language in a quick and useful manner, I don't want to be the master, I simply want to share the fun of learning the most beautiful language to me and hopefully create a group of people I can learn, practise and improve with.
Together you can do more than alone, but remember that everyone has their own way of learning things!
I've had my faults in the learning process ( had to relearn an entire part of the language, underestimated writing, due to a faulty way of learning it the first time ). If a school book takes 4 weeks to teach you, I can do that in a few days in a clear explanation and simple lesson where you'll learn what you need, not what you don't need.
I managed to save my lime in Tõkyõ, no where near a full speaker yet though.

Why is there also a focus for Anime/Manga:
Well, it's part of the Japanese culture, Animes are in Japanese (dubs suck, period) although it's usually slang and incorrect terms/way of speaking, it's still useful to catch a few words. Also the few members I already have seem to enjoy it and are posting for that section.

So why should I join:
Well why not ?
It doesn't take a lot of effort and time to register, I'm not a terrible admin and you'll help me in building an amazing community which you can be part of!

Want to join ?
[Image: dedeno_fullheader1.png]
Then click here ^

Feedback and questions are welcome:
The theme is the first thing I ever created myself, when it comes to websites etc.
It's originally another theme which I edited to alter the look completely into a setting fitting my needs. Thank you Quacktacular and Mithilesh for your help on the theme Smile
Banner was made by Andraz and the logo in the header is something I made myself, that's why it's not a very good one Big Grin
I think the menu width should be the same as the forum width
As in making the header small or the content wider ?
(2012-04-03, 03:54 PM)Ansem Wrote: [ -> ]As in making the header small or the content wider ?

Either it just looks really odd the way it is now. They should be the same width.
Made the header smaller, anything else that could improve ?
Your forum and mine fill similar niches. Anyway, here's some advice I have for you:

1. You could probably combine the blog and announcement forums. In general, they all seem to be announcements, and as the Blog forum is basically empty it's just making it take longer to scroll down to your content.

2. Your general/off-topic/chat forums aren't the content people are coming for. Maybe move those to the bottom, to give your more important material higher page placement?

3. Some of the forum descriptions have profanity/misspellings/slightly offensive (don't expect girl members to be super excited about "Girls in tennis skirts, you know you want them") so I think those could use some re-working.

I like your logo. I'm going to sign up for your forums (gotta show support for Japan enthusiasts).
This is kind of similar to mine, as well. However, only part of your website competes with mine, and I'm glad to see I'm not the only weirdo who created a website with a focus on anime. I joined it. I like the theme, but I think that the forum width is kind of weird. What I mean is, I think that in some forums, there is too big a gap between the left "boundary" and where the thread actually is.
I'll look into it
Thanks for your support !

Quote:1. You could probably combine the blog and announcement forums. In general, they all seem to be announcements, and as the Blog forum is basically empty it's just making it take longer to scroll down to your content.

2. Your general/off-topic/chat forums aren't the content people are coming for. Maybe move those to the bottom, to give your more important material higher page placement?

3. Some of the forum descriptions have profanity/misspellings/slightly offensive (don't expect girl members to be super excited about "Girls in tennis skirts, you know you want them") so I think those could use some re-working.
Done done done Smile

Quote:but I think that the forum width is kind of weird. What I mean is, I think that in some forums, there is too big a gap between the left "boundary" and where the thread actually is.
Do you think you could make a screenshot, I'm not sure what you exactly mean.

Happy to know someone is actually willing to participate, was already worried Sad
Anyway, I hope to get my first 1k post achievement soon !
Hope more people would like to support me in this one Smile
I love the idea and will sign up later.

The design looks quite nice, perfectly fine for a forum like this.
(2012-04-13, 06:38 PM)Shizzuly Wrote: [ -> ]I love the idea and will sign up later.

The design looks quite nice, perfectly fine for a forum like this.

Thanks and also thank you for signing up and helping me.
No constructive criticism though on the theme or the forum Big Grin ?