MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SportsBB v2 theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been hard at work on a theme for my forum.

Check it out and post your feedback. Smile

http://i.minus.com/i0WX6DPDRpTsW.png
http://i.minus.com/ibvCscMAgZT9EC.png

I'd put them in img tags but they're large... sorry!

There's still a lot of work to be done, but I'd thought I'd post this to get some input from other people.
Looks great, though don't you think the postbit buttons might be a little too large possibly?
Ehh.. Seems sloppy in some areas, mainly the header, and logo, I'd change those, they aren't very appealing.
Also the padding seems off in many areas.

The table header looks nice tho Smile
Looks nice.
Visiting your site I think its a big improvement over the old theme. One thing I noticed really fast was the padding in the postbit seems a bit crammed. There's no space between the user bars and the post area.. maybe you could add some more padding there.
(2012-04-03, 02:31 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Looks great, though don't you think the postbit buttons might be a little too large possibly?

Eh, perhaps a little bit. I'll probably end up scaling them down a bit. Thanks for the feedback!

(2012-04-03, 02:39 PM)Concon Wrote: [ -> ]Ehh.. Seems sloppy in some areas, mainly the header, and logo, I'd change those, they aren't very appealing.
Also the padding seems off in many areas.

The table header looks nice tho Smile

Thanks Concon. The header is still being worked on, that's one of the main things that still needs to be changed, especially the logo as it was just a quick, temporary logo that I whipped up in Photoshop in about five minutes. I'm no expert with GFX so I'm on the lookout for someone that will help me create a nice looking logo.

(2012-04-03, 06:37 PM)crazy4cs Wrote: [ -> ]Looks nice.

Thanks!

(2012-04-03, 08:44 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]Visiting your site I think its a big improvement over the old theme. One thing I noticed really fast was the padding in the postbit seems a bit crammed. There's no space between the user bars and the post area.. maybe you could add some more padding there.

Thanks wils, I definitely think it's a huge improvement as well.

I'll add some more padding to those areas tonight.
A lot nicer than the current although I think that the navigation needs work (member list, forum ect...)
Glad to see you took my advice on the postbit padding.. looks much better Smile
You need to improve your logo imo.
(2012-04-06, 06:44 PM)WarStopper Wrote: [ -> ]A lot nicer than the current although I think that the navigation needs work (member list, forum ect...)

Yeah, I agree, I just can't think of anything special that I could do to spice it up or how to completely redo it... I'll keep thinking but if you have any specific suggestions, please post them and I'll definitely keep them in mind.

(2012-04-06, 07:02 PM)wils172 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to see you took my advice on the postbit padding.. looks much better Smile

Awesome, I think it does to. I finished that this morning and it was a quick fix that made things look a lot better.

(2012-04-07, 12:17 AM)Sync™ Wrote: [ -> ]You need to improve your logo imo.

Alex C. Wrote:The header is still being worked on, that's one of the main things that still needs to be changed, especially the logo as it was just a quick, temporary logo that I whipped up in Photoshop in about five minutes. I'm no expert with GFX so I'm on the lookout for someone that will help me create a nice looking logo.