MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom Theme for Site [CANCELED!]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
EDIT: I wasn't able to find anyone to do a good enough theme concept here, (ONLY 1 PERSON provided a concept sketch) so bid is no longer open.

*DNS uses Cloudflare and there's been some major issue where you may not be able to see the website right now, I adjusted DNS but takes up to 48 hours to propagate.

We're looking for someone to make us a custom theme for our site that has a video game feel in the broad sense of the term. Maybe even a vintage 3DO arcade cabinet feel with a modern twist.

To theme designers: please include links to your previous work and a bid offer. Thank you Smile

Picture example of theme idea:
[attachment=25951]

EDIT:
To save time this is what I've responded with to others who are bidding on this job:
I want the forum to look like it is a video game system.
I'm in my 30s and some of my favorite times was when I used to play video games at the arcades.
I'd like the site to have that kind of feel, like going back to the early 90s / late 80s.
I want the styling/design elements to have rounded smooth edges, no sharp edges, vary scalable.
I want there to be a placement area for an audio player that will be custom designed later after the theme is done.
I need there to be a header, body and footer.
I already have the banner done.
I have in mind (very vaguely) more or less a combination of the best design elements from the last 20 years of video games. E.G. a slight tron / time crysis look maybe. I don't have a clear picture in my mind on what would look good but I want it to have that magic must play feel.
Here's a Color Scheme to start with:
Black/Grey #303030, Blue #c0deed, Gold #fdba29, luster red #aa1112, dull white #f9f9f9
Important things / important selections as Gold w/ subtle gradient such as the twitter signup button and maybe that luster red for small items.
Check of my team's site at http://codicio.us/community

Some work:
http://wweforums.net
http://www.mybbsecurity.net/
PhotoShop Bliss II-IV

We have more work designed, but not released yet.

Our prices start at $50 and ge higher the more complex the visual design and coded features.
I realize that I need the design to be done first before I try to ask someone to code the design into a theme... Bare with me, I'm hunting for a free lance designer to help make our site look like arcade cabinet.
At Codicious we can design themes too (if that's what you meant). We have some of the best designers in the MyBB community such as Josh R., Connor L., Jordan L., and Andraž R.
(2012-04-05, 10:38 PM)Pixlr Wrote: [ -> ]At Codicious we can design themes too

Angry
I'm actually a little upset with you now, I finally went to your website with enough time to really dig in and examine... and it's no where near complete or fully working (copied header nav links, missing pages, etc) and your theme examples like this are only headers styling with no content to show. I have at this point no confidence in your company's abilities to make the highly stylized working theme we want.

Dodgy
I'll gladly retract my statement of resentment if you can provide a link(s) to threads on this forum where users were very happy with your work that they paid for.
Here is a thread with tons of people saying that our service is great (read all the posts). 

As for our site, we haven't released the full version yet, so we only have the community available to the public. Sorry if we caused you any confusion because of the invalid links.

Our portfolio can be partially found here and here (I recommend checking out PSBliss, which is the default of the first link, and Josh R's currently unnamed theme). Those are products, not custom orders, though.

To see two (of 7-10 current) of our client works, take a peek at the links in my previous post. Sorry that Andraž's site isn't working for you; I'll let him know about it, although I'm not having a problem with it.
Go with codious, even my Pokemontalk.net's theme is made by them.
Hi Mr.Kewl, I checked out your theme and it's pretty cool, but I need like a crazy radical theme different from any of the themes I've seen done for MyBB so far. The whole forum display needs to be formated into a faux screen, while some buttons and footer info are place on the outside. (see my first post for example). Anyone able to do this? I don't have the design content yet as I'm still looking for a designer too.
(2012-04-16, 01:47 AM)GunnerAIO Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Mr.Kewl, I checked out your theme and it's pretty cool, but I need like a crazy radical theme different from any of the themes I've seen done for MyBB so far. The whole forum display needs to be formated into a faux screen, while some buttons and footer info are place on the outside. (see my first post for example). Anyone able to do this? I don't have the design content yet as I'm still looking for a designer too.

If you are looking for a completly custom mybb theme, you should check out audentio design. Link -http://www.audentio.com/
we have very customized themes at pixelmonkey.co
Pages: 1 2