MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: accounts being deleted
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I searched and found nothing to help with this. Since I started using mybb forum, user accounts keep getting deleted by the software. I have even registered accounts and that has not helped. I thought making new accounts sr. members instead of just activated or registered and that has not helped. This happens to accounts where the member is posting regularly.

I added a friend as an admin to help with it and he's locked out, it won't allow him to log in. I'm running 1.6.6, the URL is http://marcstevens.net/board
Have you by any chance got user pruning turned on in the settings?
(2012-04-03, 04:08 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Have you by any chance got user pruning turned on in the settings?

I do and it's only for unactivated accounts. At least that's what I remember. I'll have to check.
Yeah, that would be my first port of call. Have you also got any plugins installed? The core shouldn't randomly delete users and if it did it would be a well known issue.
(2012-04-03, 06:03 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, that would be my first port of call. Have you also got any plugins installed? The core shouldn't randomly delete users and if it did it would be a well known issue.

I turned the pruning off and I'll see how it goes. Thanks.

Any ideas why some accounts are locked out? The admin account I set up for friend can't be accessed, he's locked out. This has also been a regular problem.
What do you mean "locked out"? Can he simply not log in? Does he get any error message?
(2012-04-03, 11:50 PM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]What do you mean "locked out"? Can he simply not log in? Does he get any error message?

he can't log in, I redid the account and we're trying again. I was able to log in, so there may not be a problem with his account. I'll have to wait a few days to see if accounts keep getting deleted.