MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How do you simulate localhost
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2012-04-04, 08:16 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]XAMPP is the easiest as far as I know. There are choices in every category.
mobile = Nokia
Forum = Mybb
social network = facebook
server = XAMPP Wink

no no no no...

Mobile = iPhone
Forum = MyBB
Social Network = Facebook I suppose... I'd rather they jsut dissappeared.
Server = LAMP

Toungue
(2012-04-04, 04:09 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]no no no no...

Mobile = iPhone
Forum = MyBB
Server = LAMP

Toungue
If you're using WAMP then what's the problem? It runs a localhost just fine.
(2012-04-04, 04:09 PM)Tom K. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2012-04-04, 08:16 AM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]XAMPP is the easiest as far as I know. There are choices in every category.
mobile = Nokia
Forum = Mybb
social network = facebook
server = XAMPP Wink

no no no no...

Mobile = iPhone
Forum = MyBB
Server = LAMP

Toungue

Nah.

Mobile = iPhone
Forum = MyBB
Social Network = Facebook.
Server = WAMP Toungue
WAMP? XAMPP is way better. Better GUI and stuff.
Just get virtual box, and Fedora, create a Virtual machine, and run Fedora on it. That way, you can run LAMP Toungue
Mobile = iPhone
Forum = MyBB
Social Network = PFFT Who needs one?
Server = Custom-installed OS,A,M,P (and GUIs are for wusses)
i was just curious really i have heard of pretty much all these alternatives but i like just trying new things out. I did start using Easyphp but had some trouble getting it running all the services once so ditched it. I am interested in teh LAMP route off to download a Linux Distro and fire up Virtualbox

Downloading now you never learn unless you try

lol how easy was that? Was good to do just to realise how friendly Linux is becoming in general.

now where is my old laptop.
Quick Question i installed Debian on my VB and got the localhost installed ( i see the default localhost page when i go to that address) but it will not let me save anything into the var/www/ folder which is where i believe the web files should go?

i have set my user as administrator but cannot set permissions for my user in that folder.
/var/www is owned by root. My suggestion is to create a virtual host with it's document root at something like ~/htdocs (where ~/ is your home folder). Here's a good tutorial for doing just that: http://www.debian-administration.org/articles/412
Pages: 1 2 3