MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Just updated 1.6.6 to 1.6.7 and portal is now borked :(
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys, its the first time i have had to update the boards and something has failed miserably. I'm using a custom theme/template but i've checked the portal on the default theme and its still screwed. Most blocks have disappeared and the middle shows two random threads from the same user. The update process was flawless so i'm completely baffled as to why its happened Sad

http://clanptg.co.uk/

Really appreciate any help.
For message
Quote:Hello There, Guest!

you reverted header_welcomeblock_guest template to default,open it and paste following content inside

<li class="mainlogin"><a style="border-none;" href="#" id="logged">Account</a>

<div id="login-dropbox">

<form action="member.php" method="post">

<span class="block">
{$lang->login_username}<br />
<input type="text" class="textbox" name="username" size="25" maxlength="{$mybb->settings['maxnamelength']}" style="width: 99%;" value="{$username}" />
</span>
<span class="block">
{$lang->login_password}<br />
<input type="password" class="textbox" name="password" size="25" style="width: 99%;" value="{$password}" />
</span>

<span class="block">

<label title="{$lang->remember_me_desc}"><input type="checkbox" class="checkbox" name="remember" checked="checked" value="yes" /> {$lang->remember_me}</label> 
<input type="submit" class="button float_right" name="submit" value="{$lang->login}" />
</span>

<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=lostpw">{$lang->lost_password}</a><br />
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/member.php?action=register">{$lang->welcome_register}</a>
<input type="hidden" name="action" value="do_login" />
<input type="hidden" name="url" value="{$redirect_url}" />
</form>

</div>

</li>

For portal can you open portal template and look are there any variables like

{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}

This is BF3 portal template (it's the same as default one)

Quote:<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}

</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
Hi johnny, do i overwrite whats in header_welcomeblock_guest template with what you've typed above or do i just add the code above?
Overwrite it and before that backup your currentheader_welcomeblock_guest template.

And after you overwrite it if fb connect isn't showing then repaste facebook connect variable.
BF3 Template - portal
<html>
<head>
<title>{$mybb->settings['bbname']}</title>
{$headerinclude}
</head>
<body>
{$header}
<table width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" border="0" align="center">
<tr><td valign="top" width="200">
{$welcome}
{$pms}
{$search}
{$stats}
{$whosonline}
{$latestthreads}
</td>
<td>&nbsp;</td>
<td valign="top">
{$announcements}
</td>
</tr>
</table>
{$footer}
</body>
</html>
For portal boxes can you go to ACP -> configuration -> settings -> portal settings and verify that boxes like welcome box,pm box,latest thread box are checked to Yes.

For me as guest portal boxes are visible (win 7 ,opera 11).
all are checked yes.
After registering (JST ,you can delete that account) i can see portal blocks without any problems http://i.imgur.com/icr9b.png .
That is proportal plugin,i assume that you replaced portal.php from proportal with portal.php from mybb 1.6.7 zip file.

Download portal.php from my post (in attachment) and upload it to your forum root and replace it (if portal.php is downloaded as zip file rename it to php).
Pages: 1 2