MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Forum needs minimum # of posts to start thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I see a few plugins that will stop members below a certain number of posts from viewing a forum, but that is not what I need.

I need members and guests to be able to view a forum, and reply to threads in a forum, but not be able to start threads in the forum unless they have at least 25 posts.

Is this possible without a custom plugin?
It's half possible, would hiding the new thread button to those with less than required posts be good enough for you? Do note that members could still type newthread.php?fid=x into the address bar, but I don't think many would think to do so.
(2012-04-03, 10:21 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]It's half possible, would hiding the new thread button to those with less than required posts be good enough for you? Do note that members could still type newthread.php?fid=x into the address bar, but I don't think many would think to do so.

That would be good enough! I would appreciate the code.

Also, I cannot accomplish what I need through new groups, because my membership base is already split up into two groups -- VIP and non-VIP, which each may have less than 25 posts or more than 25 posts. This is a large board.