MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Organized Plugin Page in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I don't know if/how it could work out, but a better and organized Plugins page. If I try to test a plugin and later in the month decide I don't like it, and want to delete it. I can't just "delete" it from ACP, I have to go into my File Manager/FileZilla and delete everything in /inc/plugins , /admin , /images which is a HUGE hassle and sometimes your forget a few files that you have missed.

I'm wondering if there is a way of making it more organized and if possible a "Delete" button in ACP to delete it from the server completely not just Disable & Uninstall.

What do you guys think?

Ex:
Messy: http://i.imgur.com/HFZsT.png
Delete button: http://i.imgur.com/U7zQ2.png
I agree with this. However, I think that (for beginners, and it's something that I enjoy using myself) something like Matt R.'s Plugin Uploader would work, too.
In 2.0, plugins will have their own sub-folder rather than a spread of files in different areas. It should be easier to remove them.
(2012-04-04, 07:33 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]In 2.0, plugins will have their own sub-folder rather than a spread of files in different areas. It should be easier to remove them.

Thats Cool
(2012-04-04, 07:33 AM)Tomm M Wrote: [ -> ]In 2.0, plugins will have their own sub-folder rather than a spread of files in different areas. It should be easier to remove them.

Great! Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Big Grin
Wonderful news!
Somewhat reminds me of Drupal's system, with pasting the plugin's zip/tar URL as the suggestion here. I quite like Wordpress' way around it, with browsing through the control panel, selecting what you like, and just hitting install. Saves having to download, upload, hunt down, destroy...

Either way, categorised plugin display is a big benefit!
Yeah,i like the idea.

Excellent, saves lots of time looking for every bit of file to delete. Thanks!
Hello to developers and contributors.

I'd like to highly recommend there be a way to personally organize plugins into categories.

Let's say I want to try out a few different editors I could move the plugins (perhaps drag and drop) into their own category and then easily activate or deactivate them in that category.

Thank you.
Pages: 1 2