MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Auto Subscribe to threads
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In some forums when I post and someone replies to my post, I get an email telling me this, it would be an awsome feature to have in mybb.
Well, I thought we already had that! You just have to click the option to be subscribed to the threads you post in.
Yes, but it would be nice, if when members post they are automatically subscribed, it will then remind users, who maybe cam and posted once or twice, then left.
User CP > Edit Options > Automatically subscribe to threads you post in.

Smile
yes I am suggesting that in the admin panel, have and option so when users register that feature is automatically enabled.
That would take a code modification, and I've seen it recently. Do a search and see if you can find it. The thread isn't that old, so it should be found easily!
bumpty bump.. Smile

Is this possible in MyBB 1.6?
I presume you mean this?

(2006-08-27, 08:01 PM)handeyman Wrote: [ -> ]yes I am suggesting that in the admin panel, have and option so when users register that feature is automatically enabled.

Yes, it's possible in 1.6 but it's not a setting.

In the member_register template, find:
<option value="2" {$instant_email_subscribe_selected}>{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>

Replace with:
<option value="2" SELECTED >{$lang->instant_email_subscribe}</option>

That won't force anyone to use it (that would be rather annoying imo), but it will make it the selected option so unless they change it when registering they'll subscribe to all threads with email notification.
Thanks alot.. actually I want to force it on them Toungue but, people are lazy enough to ignore the selected option while registering so its the same thing.. Big Grin
If you actually want to force it then you could use CSS to hide the option.

Find:
<tr>
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="subscriptionmethod">{$lang->subscription_method}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr>

Replace with:
<tr class="hidden">
<td colspan="2"><span class="smalltext"><label for="subscriptionmethod">{$lang->subscription_method}</label></span></td>
</tr>
<tr class="hidden">

Apply the same principle to the User CP template if you want to hide it there too.
Pages: 1 2