MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I am getting this error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB has experienced an internal error and cannot continue.

Error Type:
MyBB Error (44)
Error Message:
MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Please contact the MyBB Group for support

what shud i do ?
Open ./inc/config.php and check $config['database']['type'] is correct, this can happen because of an incorrect value. If you have mysql there now, try changing it to MySQli, or if you have MySQli, change it to MySQL .

For example: $config['database']['MySQL'] would become $config['database']['MySQLi']
I tried it,still getting same error.
Quote:Error Type: MyBB Error (40)
Error Message: MyBB was unable to load the SQL extension. Please contact the MyBB Group for support. MyBB Website
Information: This occurs when the database type is incorrect in ./inc/config.php. To fix this, open ./inc/config.php and check the entry for $config['database']['type']. A common issue is having 'mysql' instead of 'mysqli', or having 'mysqli' instead of 'mysql'. If you do not know what needs to be here, contact your host provider.

Ok, so, it will be $config['database']['type'] = 'mysqli'; or $config['database']['type'] = 'mysql';
yeah,i tried pasting both,still not working.

When i opn config.php it says cant open,permission denied,it says i also cant delete it and also cant change its permissions,whats the problem ?

It also says "Operation not permitted"
(2012-04-04, 05:13 AM)Yoshi Oak Wrote: [ -> ]yeah,i tried pasting both,still not working.

When i opn config.php it says cant open,permission denied,it says i also cant delete it and also cant change its permissions,whats the problem ?

It also says "Operation not permitted"

Are you on shared hosting, or a VPS? if it is Shared/Re seller, I would suggest calling your host, if it is VPS, try logging in with your root username and password.
i used shared hosting,and thanks i have contacted them.
I am getting the same error. I can get to my shared hosting site, I can get to the phpAdmin and the mysql administrator. But I can not get the forum to start.

forums.nhpnetwork.org

Help please....?
I got this problem solved,just go to File Manager using your host cpanel and download the config.php file,change mysql to mysqli or maybe mysqli to mysql and then delete it and re-upload the changed file.