MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: thread title characters limit increase/decrease options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Found that there is no option of increase/decrease the thread title characters limit. So just add this option in mybb 2.
You can just change the subject column type to be TEXT instead of VARCHAR in the mybb_threads and mybb_posts table. This gives you a lot longer length, though why you'd need to have a title that long is beyond me.
I have occasionally reached the character limit on my forums, but generally only when being silly. Toungue
(2012-04-04, 11:40 AM)dragonexpert Wrote: [ -> ]You can just change the subject column type to be TEXT instead of VARCHAR in the mybb_threads and mybb_posts table. This gives you a lot longer length, though why you'd need to have a title that long is beyond me.

Hi, can you explain this a little more please? Where is the following located? [i]You can just change the subject column type to be TEXT instead of VARCHAR in the mybb_threads and mybb_posts table.[/i]

Thanks! Big Grin